Chapter One

I floated through the hallways of the hospital like I normally do. I'm still here. I'm still in a coma. I'm still expected to die, and my mom just won't take me off life support. As I floated around I saw so many other ghosts. It's amazing how many ghosts are all over the place and people don't even know it.

I floated over to the front desk on the first floor. A receptionist at the front desk was talking about her new baby and all the other women listened excitedly. I guess you can say I eves drop on people, actually all us ghosts do, it's really the only thing we have to do.

I laughed, "Pass." And to mess with them, I blew a strong breeze over their heads and they quickly had to gather their papers from falling all over the place. This is what you humans call "haunting" or in most cases the air conditioning is on to high, its very windy out, and much more. When in reality, its just us ghost. Of course as some of you humans know from experience we can do much worse, but we dont chose to, at least I don't.

I floated around to find something more interesting than news about a new baby. What's new in the waiting room, I wondered. I floated right up through the ceiling to the waiting room. Being able to go through things I must say is a major perk. Alright what have we got hear, kid with broken leg from soccer, several bloody noses, kid as pale as me with his hand to his head. Wait, is that another ghost? Well lets test it.

I flew over to him and stood right in front of him. "Hey buddy can you see me?" Nothing. Just a really sick kid. I felt bad for him though, "Get well soon little buddy," I said. Nothing. It was hard. You know, not being able to talk to people, it got so lonely, but it's not like people wanted to talk to me anyway.

I can talk to other ghosts, I mean I always see them socializing, but they never really talk to me, I guess some things never change. I floated through walls to my hospital room. There I was laying there lifeless and pale as well, me, a ghost.

"Dude seriously quit staring at yourself like your an Abercrombie model," said a voice. I turned around and laughed to see one of my very few ghost friends Jaden. "Hey man," I said laughing. "Yo," he said floating over to my body. "And you tell me not to stare dude," I said laughing. He laughed, "Well I can stare cause...I can," he said. I laughed, "nice."

He went inside my body. "I'm inside you!!" He said. I laughed, "Alright dude get out of me that sounds freakin' sexual." "Nope, I just can't help myself," he said. I cracked up, "Come on Jaden, out of me." He floated out and looked sad. "Dude what's wrong?" I asked. "I can barely hear a heart beat," he said looking at the floor. I sighed, "Jaden it's been five months, I know ok getting worse." "Well you can still get better," he said floating around the room. I sighed, "I don't think so Jaden, I just wish my mom would take me off the damn life support." Jaden floated over to me,"Mason you don't want that, your so young, you have your whole life ahead of you, you have a chance to get better...I didn't."

Jaden died in a car accident when his older cousin crashed into a tree, which then fell on the car and crushed Jaden. Jaden is always watching over his cousin, and his family, his cousin basically hates himself now, but he's doing better than he was before, I mean that's what Jaden says. I sighed, "I know dude, but you had a great life...I was living a life where I was basically already dead." Jaden didn't say anything. We just sat there in silence, which we never do, unless we're upset. And being a ghost, you have a lot to be upset about.