3

"Abigail Griffin, Chief Mediwizard at St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, has never been afraid of doing what she felt was right regardless of what the law has to say about it, writes Pike Weston, special correspondent. As most remember, it was only four years ago when Mrs. Griffin broke the International Statute of Secrecy by preforming healing spells on an injured muggle she came across while on holiday in America, landing her in hot water with the Salem Bureau of Magic. It was only three years ago that Mrs. Griffin was brought up before the Wizarding Gamot on trial for a befitting punishment after using an illegal dosage of Dragon's Blood while administering healing potions to the Minister himself. Of course, since it was Minister Jaha who was healed (after a particularly vicious bout with an illegally enchanted muggle firearm left him crippled and exposed to the sharp claws and attack of a rather grumpy Yeti), Mrs. Griffin was able to walk free yet again. The irony of her inability to be persecuted for breaking the law, however, is the imprisonment of her husband Jake Griffin, an Unspeakable from the Department of Mysteries. After the mysterious incidents of last summer that the Ministry has been so careful in keeping hush, Jake Griffin has been in Azkaban ever since—without trial. Despite efforts of Mrs. Griffin, her underage daughter Clarke, and even Minister Jaha, Mr. Griffin has spent the last year incarcerated. As the majority of the wizarding community is aware of, Azkaban prisoners are not permitted visitation rights, no matter the length or nature of their imprisonment. So why are these pictures of the Griffins visiting Azkaban last summer surfacing now? Who allowed this to happen? Is Minister Jaha aware of this violation of law? And if so, will Abigail Griffin finally be held accountable for behaving under the misguided belief that she herself is above the law for the third time? Or has the Griffin-Jaha relationship led to a conspiracy? Read more on Ministry conspiracies, pg. 7"

Bellamy swore loudly.

"I know," said Raven, rolling the paper up and tucking it into her bag. "I don't know if Clarke has seen it yet. She has a subscription but she slept through breakfast this morning."

"She could have gone to the Owlery though. We just saw her acting really weird with that Durmstrang girl she flew into the other day. She looked pissed."

"Clarke did, or the Durmstrang girl?"

"Both. Well," Octavia paused, scratching her chin. "I don't know. That Durmstrang girl kind of always looks pissed."

"Anya?" said Raven in surprise.

Bellamy frowned. "No, it was Lexa. And since when are you on first name basis with the Durmstrangs?" he asked rather accusatorily. This was around the point where Octavia wanted to slip away.

"Since I flew into her yesterday and they told us their names," said Raven dismissively, glaring right back at Bellamy, who stubbornly held the gaze.

"Alright so what if Clarke has seen this?" interrupted Octavia before things could escalate. She wasn't sure exactly what was up with Bellamy and Raven, except that she was fairly certain they had a crush on one another and was also fairly certain they both had their heads too far up their own asses to do anything about it other than constantly fight.

"We need to distract her," said Raven at once.

"Shouldn't be too hard to do with the tournament coming up," said Bellamy.

"No, Clarke doesn't give a damn about the tournament. She's too pissed at the Ministry to want to be involved in anything they're helping put on. No, we need to rely on our old, trusty methods of distraction."