preface

{ a look into the future }

I remember that it hurt. Looking at him hurt.

I never enjoyed anything.

I was always waiting for whatever was next. I think everyone's like that... living life in fast forward, never stopping to enjoy the moment, too busy trying to rush through everything, so we can get on with what we're really supposed to be doing with our lives.

I get these flashes of clarity, brilliant clarity, where, for a second, I stop and I think, "Wait... this is it. This is my life. I'd better slow down and enjoy it, because one day, we're all going to end up in the ground," and that will be it.

We'll be gone.

I never enjoyed anything, until I met my neighbor, Dave.

Dave Franco is messed up. Entirely, mentally, physically, and emotionally. He offers nothing, but takes everything. He affects others in a way that could be found insulting, if considered otherwise. He's compulsive, aggressive, has more heart that soul, but the heart that he does have is cold, listed off, and blocks the outside world from getting in. But. Here's the thing.

Dave Franco is a great friend, one of my best friends. Life hasn't been the greatest to him, but while life has tried it's hardest to keep him down, he has found a way to fight back. Sometimes he was able to fight alone, while other times he needed some help. I love being the person that's there for him. He needs someone stable in his life.

Dave Franco is destined for greatness.

Actually he's already great, because Dave Franco has a thing called integrity, and nothing and no one is going to change that. He has changed my life in so many ways, but I don't think he knows that.

I think a part of my heart will always belong to Dave Franco. He taught me how to enjoy the rainbow, after the rain. The way the sun feels against your skin. How standing in a crowd and looking out can remind you just how unique you are.

He taught me that, right now, there are people all over the world who are just like you. They're lonely. They're missing somebody. They're in love with someone who they probably shouldn't be in love with. They have secrets you wouldn't believe. They wish, dream, hope, and look out the window whenever they're in the car or on a bus or on a train and they watch people on the street, wondering what they've been through. They wonder if there are people out there like them. They're like you, and you could tell them everything and they would understand.

You're never alone, and it took Dave Franco crashing into my life for me to realize it. I'm not saying it's been this perfect, amazing, peaceful journey. Hell. We weren't the same. In fact, we were completely different.

We fought more than we loved. We cried more than we laughed. We scarred more than we healed... but through it all, he was the only one to calm the storm raging in my mind.

Dave Franco isn't perfect, despite what the acting, and the cameras, and the interviews show you. But that's what makes him, him.

Dave and I collided into each other with malice and hate, and that's how our epic story began. I wouldn't change that for the world.