Curiosity kills me

Harley's POV

I stand up, and get ready. I go to the kitchen grab some waffles of the plate, start to eat it and then I escape from my window's room.

Then I keep walking and stop in front of the national library of theories. Where there's a lot of people.

-Hey,Carl?

- My name is Carlos...Professor Texas is upstairs waiting for you- he said confused.

-Sorry, next time, I will remember your name.- I turn around and start walking to proffesor Texas office.

That's Carlos, a nerd of 16 years old, who spends his time reading and making experiments about time travel. Yes, crazy shit. He is in the library 4 hours a day and the others, he spends the time, trying to make one of his theories about time travel come true.

I walk through the library, but i can't see nobody. It seems like there's nobody here, I go through different stands of full books and then I see a man with glasses.

-I tought you will never come. If you want to be part of this, you should come early. The only time I get out of this library, is to get some food at 2:00 a.m. and I get robbed. - That's professor Texas, totally bunkers, but a total badass.

I always ask myself what happen to him. He is so mysterious, sometimes i think he ran out of a mental hospital.

-Let's just keep working.

- I need to tell you something, but first I need you to tell me dreams facts.

-Ok...Dreams often reveal feelings that we've hidden or repressed, because dreams are a reflection of our unconscious mind, our emotional truth. I don't really thing that theory is true anymore - i said with a sad face.

-Why you are giving up?
Why you even here?
A girl of 16 years old here, investigating about theories of 1,000 years ago. - he said concerned.

-There could be a chance to find the truth about at least some mystery of this world. My grandfather used to spend his entire life trying to make this theory come true. He died trying to do it. All this fascinated things he told me about, and how the book could have a lot of secrets. - i said

-Am just watching you kind of backing down. So... what do we do when you are giving up... -he said, with that big smile on his face.

-Nooo... Why?
-You have to end what you start.- Texas starts singining.
-Shit...Or things are gonna fall down(singing)
-That's why you can't give up...(singing)

Yes, that's the reason I haven' give up yet. It's a punishment, everytime I say am gonna give up, we have to sing this song of "happy ignorant" people.

-Stop, shut the fuck up. I will keep searching this nonsense theory.- i said.

- I was just trying to inspire you a little, darling.

-But if you're sure. I found something. There's maybe a possibility the book is out there, some where not very far away. - Texas said.

My blue eyes suddenly bright up and my smile bigger than before.When I was about to say a word out of my mouth, a strong noise, that apparently came from the door, scare the hell out of us, the regret of coming back again and knowing that we were in big trouble, was driving me crazy. Well, long story to tell why.

We try to reach the door, When we get to see the cops, the only thing I could see is the embarassing face of Texas.

- Oh no... - Texas said really worried.

- Texas Run...

Texas try to run as fast as he can. But, the cops catch him. Everyone was staring at us. I try to help him, but one of them grabs me before I could do something.

Mr. Will Texas Evans, you have a restraining order from Lisa's Rainsford parents, you can't be near her, you can't call her, and now seeing that you broke that law you are under arrest. - the cop said.

As I was listening to the son of a bitch,a hand grabs my arm very brutley ,then I realize it was my mom. I could never get out of my mind that angry expression of her. I could see how her eyes almost popped out.

I told you to get away from that sick men. He's putting you crazy ideas in you're head! - my mom said

-He is telling me the truth. I am trying to discover something marvelous, it sounds insane, but believe me, things are going to change if we find this book.

- I put you in a therapist for 1 year, shouldn't you be fine by now, I am sick of this crazy cycle of yours. I always told you to not go with that men, you keep doing the same, that's why I put a restraining order on him, and that doesn't stop you?.

-No, it will never be. I will keep fighting against what you say that iss the right thing to do. Why do you even help me?, Why would you adopted me?, my grandfather make this theory and am going to finish it. Don't put him in jail, he's trying to do something good.

-Is too late, he is going to jail, for getting near you and brain-washed you. Don't make me put you in a mental facilitie.

My face was almost red, I get near Texas and he said:
- Take this note, he would know what to do.

I have been only 1 year with my parents. Sometimes I ask myself why do I even call them mom and dad. I fight to not belong to no one. The only thing am here is because of the food and bed.

.....................................................

Hey! Im Crystal, this is my first story and i hope you like it.