Prologue

"Hey nerd, shove off! Your fat ass is hiding my view!" The school bully, Yuu laughed, his lackeys following his every move.

The rather chubby tall brunette boy bit his lip as he looked down. He reluctantly shuffled out of the way.

"Al huh? More like Ass," Yuu snickered, pushing the big boy down. "Big Ass..."

Al sighed as he picked up his books. Yuu waits a moment, then shoves him down again, laughing as Al staggers. "Ha, pathetic!"

Yuu's friends jeered along with him. Al bit his lip as he reached down to grab his books. It wasn't his fault that he was big for his age. Only sixteen, and six feet. He reached for his books, and one of Yuu's friends placed his foot on it.

"They say that Americans are amazing, and we should strive to be like them. I can't see the appeal if all Americans are like you," Yuu's friend sneered.

All of us aren't like me! Al thought, but kept it to himself. Instead, he felt unwanted tears rising up slowly. No, I can't cry...

"Aww, would you look at that, the big tubby baby is gonna cry," Yuu said scornfully. "Honestly, I can't get over how pathetic you are."

He's right. I am pathetic. And when I get up, he's gonna push me down again, make me cry and make me late. Then, the teacher will get so mad at me, she'll also think I'm a failure, and send me to detention. Al sighed as the depressing thoughts ran through his head. Now it's time to get pushed down again. As he staggered to his feet, the brunette prepared for another blow at what little dignity he had left.

"Oi! What's going on here, and why aren't you lot at school!"

Everyone turned to face the newcomer. Even though she wore the school's uniform, a dark gray jacket, and a black skirt (with leggings, if ya want), she still had combat boots, and bent the dress code by dressing a little more rebellious, like a leather vest than the teachers wanted. It was Y/N, the school's delinquent. Sure, she wasn't as bad as Yuu, and never really bullied Al, but Al was still scared of her, with all the rumors around. The sophomore was always scowling, always by herself. But, why was she helping Al?

---

You glared at the junior, Yuu, you supposed. "Last I checked, classes were starting?" You said sarcastically, contempt in your tone.

Yuu's friends started to walk away. Of course they're gonna run from the scary kid. You glared at them. "The nerve of some kids," you grumbled.

"O-oh yeah! Then what are you doing outside of class?" Yuu snapped.

You froze, before narrowing your eyes. "I'm always like this. But I'm not harming anyone, am I? No, you're skipping classes, bullying a fellow student, and disrespecting an older student. I'd say you're in hotter water than me, no?"

Yuu's friends nudged each other, and one hissed to Yuu, "Hey, maybe we should go?"

Yuu shook his head, laughing insolently. "Ha, no! You really think that you can be a goody two shoes and scare me off! Nice try, bitch!

Your eyes narrowed in a killing glare, and soon Yuu's laughter died down, he looked at you... nervously. "Fine then," you said quietly. "I thought you would have enough sense to leave. But, since you want to do things the hard way, you better go to classes, or I will make you all regret being born in this world," you said maliciously, without a second thought.

Yuu froze for a moment, wondering if he should be brave, then ran off with his friends. You looked as they left, stumbling over their own feet. Good riddance, you thought, before looking at the tall student at your feet. "Get up," You said harshly.