Chapter 5-Returns

You had been following Dan and Phil for most of the day. It was getting late once again.
"It shouldn't be much father, everyone at camp will be happy to meet someone new!"
Phil seems so happy that you've joined them. Hopefully no hard feelings with Dan.
Just as Phil had said, their camp wasn't much farther. You could see it. As you walk up, everyone looks at you.
'Time for clumsiness to kick in!' Your brain said as you proceeded to fall over your own feet and fall into mud. Thanks, brain.
"Oh darlin'! Let me help you!" A smaller man comes to pull you up.
"My name is Tyler Oakley. That's PJ, Louise, Troye, and you've obviously met Dan and Phil."
After introductions, you hear rustling inside of one of the tents and question Tyler about it.
"Oh that? That's Jack. Someone shot 'im thinkin' that he was one of them. He's pretty bad, but holdin' on for dear life."
"May I go see him?" You ask as politely as you can.
"Actually, do you have any medical experience?" Tyler asks.
Strangely enough, you do.
"Yes, why?"
"Because, we need someone to watch Jack tonight. We're kinda treatin' him like cracked glass. Any movement and we're afraid he'll break."
"Oh, I can watch him."
"Thank you, darlin'!" Tyler said as he started cleaning up dinner.
You went into Jack's tent to see him waking up.
"Hi, Jack." You look into his blue eyes.
"Wait. (Y/N)?! From the hospital?!" Jack exclaims, staring back into your (e/c) eyes.
"Yep."
Jack pushes himself up on his arms and sits up, just so that he could hug you. You feel honored.
"Anyway... Want me to take a look at the wound?"
"Uh, sure?" Jack says awkwardly as he pulls up his shirt and pulls off his bandages.
You can see the entry wound on his back, and thankfully, and exit wound on the front. It passed straight through him, no organ damage, narrowly missing his spinal cord. There may be some issues with motor functions, but other than that, we can just let it heal.
You relay all that info to Jack.
"Ok. Thanks for having a look, but... Could you put the bandages back on?" Jack asks.
You nod and wrap the entire bandage around his torso.
"Jack, you know I'll be staying with you tonight, right?" You inform him.
"Yeah. Could hear you from outside the tent."
"Oh."
Jack lays back on his side of the tent.
"I'm going to sleep, alright?"
You nod and fall asleep as well.