Normal

What happens when you live a perfectly unextraordinary life, free from drama, from ruin, and then all of a sudden you meet that one person who you are willing to do anything for and you take that small step back and your life collapses. My name is Harleen Quinnzel. Although you probably know me better as Harley Quinn. My life was normal. I had a decent house. A decent life. I didn't have many friends but I could live with that. I took an interest in the criminal mind and spent years researching and studying the topic. Three years ago I got a job at Arkham Asylum. And then my life disintegrated...
---------------------------------------------
Harleen's POV
First day of my new assignment. I always get scared when I land a new patient but this time I am absolutely terrified. The Joker is one of the most feared and psychotically insane people probably ever. It's a miracle they even caught him. As I enter through the double doors, the blonde receptionist (who I've been told is having an affair with one of the guards) looks up as I walk in but then looks back to her computer screen as I am obviously not interesting enough to bother looking at. As I walk down the hall, guards who barely ever notice me stare and whisper. I hear fragments of their conversations as walk past.
"She's the new psychiatrist for the Joker."
"Poor lass."
"They've maximised security now, I've heard, don't want last time repeatin' itself. Poor Janet, she was a pretty young thing too."
"She's a brave one, going in there without a single trace of hesitation."
I quicken my pace at I head towards the heavily guarded only to see Chief Finton standing there. I stop in front of him and he leans closer to me.
"You better not mess up Quinnzel ." He whispers. "You succeed you stay and get promoted, you fail, well, we all know what happens to those who those fail. Yes?" He asks.
"Yes sir." I reply, only half listening. My gaze is fixed on the door behind him and my heartbeat quickens. Chief steps aside and I take a deep breath and enter the cell.