The Cougars Perigrination

Dear Charlotte,

Your 16 now,the age I was when I got pregnant with you.Whatever you do,dont do that! Seriously I hope you're much smarter and wiser than I was.I have no regrets though.My life would have been empty without you.Your my everything darling.Don't you ever forget that.

Dalton,Georgia

1998

"Good Morning , Jordan." Charlotte served his breakfast on a tray.Egg on toast with a bottle of Diet Coca Cola and a tangerine.He liked his Diet Cola cold and icy so before i'd finish each night i'd sneak into the staff room and place it in ready for his visit the next morning.                                         "The morning was pretty good to begin with." he said "but seeing you put the icing on the cake."He leaned back into the corner booth , where he always sat and smiled at her.He had one of those smile that made her feel all fluttery inside.She'd met him on the first day of work just over a month ago and she'd promptly spilled his egg on him.She was mortified,he laughed it off and he tipped her more than the value of his breakfast.She got lost in his big deep blue eyes and it was then that it all started.

Everything she knew about him could have fit in a coke bottle.To start with he was beautiful,the sunlight that shone into the corner booth reflected off his shiny,luscious blonde locks.He dressed in jeans and t-shirts not exactly dress to impress but it was good enough for Charlotte.In fact most Georgia Students dressed like that but her outfits differed one day jeans ,one day a skirt, another day a dress.She didn't like to wear the same thing more than once.

One morning he stopped her on her duty's and called her over.He invited her to lunch at the University after she had finished her shift." Sure i'd love to, i'll have to call Rhea to tell her i wont be back till late then." Rhea was her flatmate they had shared a flat since Charlotte was 14, they got along great considering Rhea was 6years older than her and much more matured than her. Charlotte smiled "Shall we meet here at 12.30?"                                                                                              "Yes ,that sounds great!" his face beamed with delight."

She called Rhea an told her.Rhea was scheduled in 3 of Jordan's law lectures.She told Charlotte it was a bad idea but sh coulden't help herself.She adored him and you could possibly say loved him.It was hard but she managed to ignore her best friends advice ,she coulden't let him down now.This might be her only chance...