The Future of Us : Austin's POV

"So your officially the captain of ship #11?"

"Yup" ,my dad replied putting down his tea,"Your Mom would have hated this" he looked sadly at the picture of  my mom on the wall,"She loved nature so much" 

"Yeah she would have", I looked down at my shoes. We sat there for a few moments in silence.I missed her so much! She had died in a research lab when a meteor crashed into it.It was years ago and everyone was still upset about the explosion.After all,we lost years of research and lots of lives.

"Alright come on lets get finished packing", he got up and put his dish in the sink.After I zoned out of my little flashback I got up and finished packing my bags.

"So Dad do you know who's going to be on the ship yet?"

"No they don't tell us alot." ,he said from the kitchen. I grabbed my bags and walked to the door."But they did say that all captains and family members must report 5 hours before boarding time."

"Ugh then I guess we have to go now?",I asked,crossing my fingers hoping I had some time to sit around.

"Nah we still got an hour",He looked up from his watch,"Go kill some time" I walked out the door and shoved my hands in my pocket.I then saw a little tree and it kind of looked like a little oasis.I jogged up to it and I found a girl lying underneath of it.Even though she was curled up and I could barely see her face,she looked beautiful.

"I don't want to leave either",I whispered to myself.I continued to stare at the girl kind of hoping she would wake up.I sighed as I realized she wasn't going to awake and I would go on without knowing who she was and her without knowing who I was.I stuffed my hands in pocket again and walked away.

The whole way back to my house I thought about how that girl was kind of like my mom.She obviously loved nature because she fell asleep under a tree that she probably planted.Her face even looked somewhat like my mom's.

When I got to the house my dad was standing at the door with all his bags,ready to leave.

"It's time to leave I guess?" ,I said.

"Yeah",he looked down at the floor,then back at me,"Are you ready?"

"If I have to then I guess I am",I grabbed my bags and we walked out the door towards ship #11.