CHAPTER 4: FRIENDS?

THE NEXT DAY

"Good morning, beautiful.", Jason whispered into Maya's ear.

Yes, they had a beautiful night last night.

"Hey, boyfriend.", Maya said while turning around to him.

Jason looked at Maya, "You almost forgot me yesterday."

"I told you I was so sorry, but Farkle and I had a lot of catching up to do.", Maya lied, sort of. It wasn't the whole truth, but it wasn't really a lie. Jason just didn't meet Lucas yet and Maya didn't really want them to meet, too. Maya herself is confused and she needed to figure out what Lucas being back in New York meant for everyone. Including her.

It was 9am and it was Saturday. Maya had a day off and of course, Jason knew that.

"So, would you like to go on a date with me tonight?", he smirked. Maya loved the idea, but there was another person she really wanted to spend time with.

"I don't know, yet. Can I call you later?" Jason nodded with a smile.

"Of course."

"Good.", she said and kissed him with so much passion. All of sudden, Maya thought about kissing Lucas while she was kissing Jason, so she stopped immediately.

"Maya, are you okay?", Jason asked worried.

Maya nodded, "Yes I am.. Uhmm.. I just noticed that I have to be at Topanga's in thirty minutes, because Riley wanted to meet me there."

"Oh, that's okay. Can I at least drive you there?", he asked with puppy eyes. Gosh, they reminded her of Lucas, too.

Stop it, Hart.

"Uhmm.. Yes, sure why not."

Maya took her phone and searched for Lucas' number. She wasn't sure if it was his actual number, since it was the number from two years ago. Yes, Maya didn't delete the number, she couldn't do it.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, wanna join?", Jason smirked.

Maya smiled, "I'm gonna be there in a few."

['Meet me at Topanga's in thirty minutes. - Maya']

Maya just really hoped it was his number. After not even a minute, she got a message.

['Sure, I'll be there, see you soon! ;) - Lucas.']

Maya smiled, but also rolled her eyes because of Lucas' wink emoji. She put her phone on her desk and joined Jason in the shower.

THIRTY MINUTES LATER AT TOPANGA'S

"You don't have to come inside, Jason. You really don't have to."

"I just want to say 'hi'. I haven't seen Riley in a long time.", Jason explained.

Maya laughed, "It's been like.. Two days, idiot."

Now Jason became suspiscious, "Why don't you want me to come inside with you?"

Maya didn't have an answer.

"It's a girl talk. Riley wanted to talk to me about something important. She said there was something going on between her and Farkle that only I would understand. And we all know you hate girl talks. Come on, I'll be back soon." Maya didn't even know why she lied to Jason. It's not like he was jealous at Maya meeting other guys. He wasn't, because he knew Maya would be faithful to him no matter what.

"Fine. See you later.", he said and kissed her on the cheek.

"Maybe.", Maya said and went into Topanga's.