Chapter Five

The mystery girl was finally revealed four days after the alleged kiss. Samantha Howard's, the girl who was the newspaper editor for our school. She was pretty quiet usually but somehow she had grabbed Grant's attention. She was gorgeous though, she had beautiful straight black hair and striking blue eyes. She was usually a nice girl. She was just liked Laci, smitten with Grant. I did some research and found out she wrote the gossip blog for our school it's was called SHhhhhhh she was the quiet girl who knew all. That day she came out with a blog about her relationship with Grant. The whole entire school knew that Grant was the jerk and I knew he was not loyal to Laci.
I thought I would feel a sense of satisfaction, I was right, I knew it! But I didn't. I felt awful for my friend. Yes I felt hurt and yes I felt betrayed but I never wanted her to be hurt. I never wanted any of this to happened.
Laci wasn't at school that day and I planned to sit alone. On the way to library I decided I wanted a cookie. It chocolate chip day and I decided I would brave the crowds for a treat.
As I entered the lunchroom Hunter caught my eye. We made eye contact and he grinned his half smile at me. My heart pounded but I blushed and looked away. I saw him making his way towards me and I pretended to be busy picking out food from the rows of disgusting cafeteria food.
He walked over to me and grinned "hey" I smiled a bit and nodded my hello. "Do you have anywhere to sit?" He inquired.
I shook my head "it's ok...." I smiled trying to make it seem real.
Hunter grabbed my lunch box from me and laughed teasingly as he ran to his table placing it next to him. I allowed myself giggle and I chased him, sitting down next to him. Hunter's eye twinkled and he grabbed my apple from my hand and held it above his head. I pouted at him whining a bit "you're so mean!" I complained.
He laughed "you're very cute when you are mad" I glared at him and furrowed my brows. That just made him laugh harder. I gave him my pathetic version of a death stare, trying not to laugh.
Suddenly I realized I was allowing myself to trust him. I was letting him in, I was going to be hurt. I stop laughing quickly and looked away. He looked at me quizzically, wondering why I stopped laughing. I let my brown hair fall to cover my face in a wavy waterfall. I gently plucked the apple from his hand and put it away. I saw the hurt in his eyes. I felt awful I wanted to hug him, to comfort him, to tell him it wasn't his fault. I wouldn't allow myself to fall in love again, it would only come back to bite me. I excused myself and left the table quickly pushing my chair in. I raced to the library, my sanctuary, my safe place. I tucked myself in the back of the fantasy section with the Disney version of Hercules. I'm not sure why they had Disney in the high school but I wasn't complaining. Disney was my guilty pleasure, it always made me happy, it lifted my spirits. I curled up on a bench with tons of pillows. I highly identified with the main female character Meg, she refused to allow herself to fall in love because she had been hurt before.
I suddenly realized that Hunter was the perfect guy. Why was I shutting him out? Why was I being so stupid? I couldn't believe I was allowing some dumb guy like Grant ruin my life and my relationships. I had to let Hunter in, I had to accept his affection and hope that he still felt the way I did.
In about ten minutes the amazing guy in question walked in. Hunter sat down next to me on the bench. "I don't know what's going on," he said "but if there is anything I can do please let me help you!"
I smiled slightly at his sweetness. I nodded and let my hair fall in front of my face.
"You know," he said as he pushed the hair out of my face "a pretty girl like you shouldn't hide her face"
My face turned a shade of strawberry pink. If only every guy was like this. I looked down avoiding eye contact. I looked up, straight into his eyes and smiled a dazzling smile that I think could have been blinding. Hunter happily accepted my affection and seemed to gather his courage.
"Would you maybe want to go to dinner with me this Friday?"
"Where?" I asked curiously thinking about the many restaurants around town.
"Bonne Nourriture" he grinned "you have the card?"
"It's your favorite place!" I laughed remembering. Quickly my feelings changed.
Suddenly looking into his eyes I felt a sense of calmness. Maybe the world had decided I had endured enough maybe it was finally possible that I could be happy. Maybe the fates had decided they were done causing problems for me. Maybe this was all an illusion and the bad was just about start. But maybe this could be my new amazing reality.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Sorry for being so inactive, I've been super busy with camp and school work. I hope I can get this chapter to 250 reads. I will try to post more often. If you have any suggestions feel free to message me about anything!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did please vote, comment and share!
XOXO
Keep reading!