Chapter 1

"...And in first place is competitor number 357 Grace Mason from the O'Dwire Academy." A big smile spreads across my face as I go up to receive my sash and my trophy and stand on the podium. My sister Carie looks at me with disgust at the 4th place spot right next to the podium. We pose for all of the parents taking pictures and then we all bow and get our score sheets. Our moms not at our awards because shes getting Olivia ready for her u5 open competition. Everything that's happening right now isn't surprising considering a lot of people don't like me. I walk over and get my score sheet. A perfect score! Which means I can't show anyone because they'll get mad.

Everyone thinks I don't work hard at all and that I just win because of God knows what. Even my own sister thinks that! You see I used to be the center of attention. I mean, not to brag or anything, but everyone thought I was really good and they all appreciated me. But one of the way older girls, Adeline Davis, a mean and nasty fifteen year old, thought that I, a nice little little 10 year old, wasn't working hard and sent a message to me then sent it to the whole dance schools group chat, (which they took me out of) and started saying really mean things about me. I thought Carie would be nice and back me up, but she decided to be a big jerk too. Now she's with all the older kids, and I'm stuck with no one.

  The only person that is nice to me would be O- "Gwacieeeeeee!!!!!! You Wonnnn!!!!" My younger sister (and best friend) Olivia yells. She's the only one that's nice to me.

"I did! And you're going to win too superstar!" I respond. Olivia is the only one who is nice to me. Partly because she's too little to understand, partly because she looks up to me. Either way, I love her for it.

"Could all of the competitors in competition 705 girls open championship under 5 come side stage to line up at this time." A lady announcer says.

"That's you Olivia. You're number 3. I checked you in earlier." Mom says. That means she's in the last group. She only has 4 people in her competition.

Mom helps her into to her little red dress and she goes up and gets in line. I sit down next to mom.

"Mom I won!" I say enthusiastically, trying to get her attention.

"Of course you did!", Carie starts at me, "laughing" but glaring at me. "I for one got fourth, but it was weird because I got 3rd and 2nd in my medal rounds!" She says in her super kissing-up voice.

"Well let me see both of your scoresheets and we can go from their." says mom. Since she used to dance, she knows what she's doing.
    We both hand her our scoresheets. "Carrie one of the judges had you second!" She says in a super happy voice, smiling up at her. Carrie turned to give my the mom-likes-me-better look.

"This is all great, Grace, but you got another comment on point. One more of those and we're going to have a problem."

"Yes, mom." I say in a quiet voice. I've been working on my point for weeks, and everything else is perfected, but the point just doesn't come to me when I go to feises.

My mom doesn't see that though. She only sees the things that I do wrong. As for Carie, my mom sees everything that she does "right".

"Oh, crap, mom. Adeline is dancing in five minutes! I guess I'd better go!!" Carie is always looking for an excuse to not watch Olivia, because she's way better than her.

   Mom rolls her eyes. "Do you really have to go? Your sister is dancing now."

   Carie looks at Olivia, then out the door, Olivia, out the door.

   "Sorry." She says sourly, as she swiftly walks out of the gym.

Oh my gosh guys I am so sorry! I haven't uploaded since the summer and it's now almost Christmas! I feel so bad! But here is the first chapter of a fresh new story, and I will be uploading as much as I can. Happy Holidays!!!