Chapter 4

"C'mon, girls, Get your shoes on! The world judges won't wait for you so I won't either!" My teacher, Catraione, says in her thick Irish accent. We were all in the waiting room, scrambling to get our shoes on. Carie and all her friends were barely done tying their first shoe, while the rest of the class (well just me) had been done for quite a while and was warming up on the dance floor.

  "Alright let's do 3 hornpipes steps two at a time." Catraione says. I step out, so no one else does and they just stand there quietly pretending not to exist so I would have to go alone. This commonly happens, since Olivia is too young for this worlds class. There were 8 of us, so someone had to go with me.
"Avery, go with Grace." Catraione says. Ugh. I hate Avery Katz. She's three years older than me and a total jerk, just like the rest of them.

  We start our dance and, as usual, I'm blocked off by her. I try my best to dance beautifully, and to maneuver by her when she would block me off. I pushed myself to the end, feeling confident about my round.
Everyone else in the class went, and then Catraione paused the music.

"That was absolutely disgusting! Avery, you need to cross your legs, Adeline, point your toes, Carie, up on your toes, Mackenzie, you had NO energy, Katie, you have WAY to much energy, Caroline, you need to push more, and Scarlett, you need to bounce more," She says looking around to see if she missed someone,"oh, yeah I almost forgot about you Grace cause you were dancing behind Avery the whole time! She stole your spotlight!" Catraione finishes angrily.

"That's because Avery pushed me out of the way and I couldn't move up," I thought, but instead I just nodded a little and said, "okay" so quietly that the person standing next to me, Caroline, couldn't here me.

We ended up doing stamina and I was unlucky enough to dance with Adeline and Carie. Or, try to dance with. They pushed me around the whole time. I would try to get out in front and continue to dance my best, but wherever I went (even if if was in the exact opposite way of there dance) they would turn and travel over to me. Adeline would shove me in the corner while Carie would get directly in front of me and not budge.

  The rest of dance went along slowly. By the end everyone was exhausted.
  "You girls shouldn't be tired after that. Classes are going to get much more intense then just your wee stamina. We have three months before worlds, so I expect that each and everyone of you start doing stamina at home for practice. You're finished." Catraoine rolls her eyes and walks off to teach another class while we finish taking off our shoes.
"Thanks for blocking my way the entire time Grace." Adeline scowls at me.
"Me? I didn't block you at all!" I say, defending myself.
"Oh, c'mon! I saw you! And no one will believe you." Adeline says, motioning towards all the glaring eyes at me.
I look around as a tear falls down from my eye. How could they be so mean? I'm about to say something I see mom pull up to the dance studio and I run out.

All I could here was laughter coming from behind me.