| 3 | Jittery

"How beautiful..." You muttered as you brushed the tips of your fingers softly against his cheeks. Something about his gaze and his golden orbs made it impossible to look away. It was as if they had absorbed all of your attention.

Then from behind the figure, was a cough. A boy with buzz-cut, slightly blushing, coughed once again, making you snap back to reality.

After realizing what you just did, all you could do was pull your hands back frantically and turn your head away. Slowly but surely, the adrenaline conquered your cheeks, dusting it slightly pink.

#4 also scrambled up to his feet as you caught a glimpse of pink out of the corner of your eyes.

You quickly wiped the tears off the corner of your eyes. Then you angled your head up once more and smiled. "Thank you," you said to the duo.

"N-no problem," the two stuttered in sync as they saw your cute smile.

"Number 4, right?" you asked the spiky-haired boy, as you stood up brushing yourself off.

"Hm?" the small boy arched an eyebrow, confused.

You smiled and clarified, "Volleyball." You fisted your hands, put your wrist together,  straightened your arms out, and imitated receiving a volleyball.

He finally caught on as he replied, "O-oh! Yeah I am." He scratched the back of his head nervously while blushing a bit. "Wait. How'd you know?"

"I saw your practice game while walking around once," you replied. But you could not tell him that he was the only one you were watching that whole game.

"Oh!!" A sudden shout made both you and the Libero flinch.

Automatically, both of your attentions were turned towards the rowdy buzz-cut. He pounded his fist onto the palm of his other hand softly, as the expression of realization was spread across his face like a banner.

"You're that... The play! Um... Oh! (Last name)-san!" He smirked as he nudged his small friend with his elbow.

The Libero shoved the wing spiker away as a light blush crawled up his cheeks once again. You were mildly confused and all you could do was tilt your head slightly.

As you opened your mouth to speak, the bell rung to cut you off. "Well, I should get going, uh, #4-san. Thank you for helping me."

You gave a slight, warm smile and started walking off until you felt a soft grip on your hand that held you back.

❱❱❰❰

Nishinoya was quite stunned by what he had just done. Without realizing he had held her back. Surprised, he quickly retracted his hand and once again, and hid them behind his back, not knowing where to put his hands with minds of their own.

"Well, uh, I wanted to ask," he gathered his courage and unexpectedly shouted, "Would you like to watch our volleyball practice?!" He then stood rigid starting at the ground and Tanaka just stared at the smaller boy in disbelief.

Tanaka thought, So he does have the balls to ask. Pfft!

She looked at him in slight amusement, also slightly cringing at the volume of his vocals. Then all she could do was break into a giggling fit from his actions.

"I mean... you don't have to. I just thought I'd ask... randomly," he gave a crooked smile and her smile only grew bigger at the sight.

With her sweet and crisp voice, she replied, "Of course! I'd love to see you guys practice. When is it?"

Nishinoya looked at the giggling face of the girl. He swore he saw a shining wing behind her, as well a glowing halo above her head—but of course, they were all just his delusions.

"Really?!" The volleyball duo shouted in sync. She nodded back sweetly.

"It's today right after school at the East PE building!" the Libero blurted in excitement.

Then the second bell cueing the start of third period. All three of the high schoolers' eyes went wide. The (Hair color)-haired girl started jogging off.

"I'll see you two after school!" She waved goodbye and disappeared into the building.

Tanaka slapped the smaller boy at the back of the head. "We should get to class too... ugh..." he dreaded.

"Uh... right..." Nishinoya mumbled.

But as if he could actually concentrate in class. Nope, he just daydreamed the rest of school, jittery by the time the last bell rang. The Libero was never this excited for volleyball practice.

Jittery as if his fast-beating heart was about to explode.

❱❱❰❰

Is the way I switch POV confusing? Please tell me!!

I apologize for the super late update, but this story will have slow updates ;w;
But I'll try to update a little more often than going on hiatus.

I was so surprised with the amount of reads and comments asking for updates. Thank you so much for the supports.
Seriously... 3k reads? Wow! And only two chapters were published... Thanks so much!
Jinn