Chapter 1: Anniversary

Jacob's POV

Just smile for me and let the day begin
You are the sunshine that Lights
my heart with in
I'm sure that you're an angel in disguise
Come take my hand and together we will rise

On the wings of love
Up and above the clouds
The only way to fly is
On the wings of love
Only the two of us
Together flying high
Flying high upon
The wings of love 

A beautiful voice woke me up this morning. Boses galing sa cellphone ko. The beautiful voice of my one and only love, Kate. 

I opened my phone and the first thing I saw was the date. April 5.. which marks our 12th month/1st anniversary. Bumangon ako to get ready for the day ahead. Of course hindi ko hahayaan na lumampas nalang ang espesyal na araw na to ng wala akong nagagawa para sa kanya. So I got dressed and I'm ready to be with my princess.

 "Good morning Jacob. Come join us for breakfast." the usual morning greeting from my mom. "Hindi na po. I'll go ahead. I have a date with Kate." I told her that while I fix myself infront of the mirror. "Looks like it's a special day for both of you, son." that's my dad while having his coffee. "Yes dad, it's our anniversary." I sound so proud while telling them that. And I really am. "Bakit hindi mo nalang sya imbitahan dito anak? Ipagluluto ko kayo." "I'm gonna surprise her mom. She doesn't know I'm coming." And with that I said goodbye and rode my car. I feel so energetic today.

Halfway on the road, I got stuck in traffic. If there's one thing I hate in life, it's the sh*tty traffic. "F*cking traffic. Hindi ko masusurprise si Kate nito eh." I mumbled to myself. It's 6:45am at alam kong maaga magising si Kate. I want to surprise her still asleep. 

About 10mins of waiting and getting pissed because of traffic, I got a text. It's from Kate.

From: Princess Kate<3

Good morning babe! Happy Anniversary! Sayang hindi tayo magkakasama. Kung kelan naman kase anniv naten saka ka wala. :( But I understand. Just take care. Iloveyou always! <3

Yeah. That's enough to make me go crazy on her. Sinadya kong sabihin na kanya na wala ako on the day of our anniversary. I told her that our family will go out of town. At pinaniwalaan nya yun. I know I lied but hey, it's a surprise. 

Lumuluwag na ang traffic at tuloy tuloy na ulit ang byahe ko going to Kate. About 15mins later I'm already parked infront of their gate. Guess I'm that excited. Sumilip muna ako if there is anyone out. Wala. So bumaba na ko ng kotse at kumatok sa gate. Katulong nila ang nagbukas and I asked where's Kate. Nasa kwarto pa daw pero gising na. My plan of surprising her asleep failed, and I blame the traffic earlier for it. 

I went inside of their house by the kitchen door. Malapit kase sa kusina ang kwarto nya and I still wanna make a surprise appearance. Seems like wala pang gising sa pamilya nya, it's so quiet. I arrived at her door and it's locked. Hindi pa nga sya lumalabas. Hinanap ko ang katulong nila and asked for Kate's room key. She gave it to me and I got to open her door in no time. I searched for her around pero wala. Then I noticed the sound of running water. Nasa banyo sya. 

Umupo ako by her study table and just waited for her to finish. I don't worry that she might come out not presentable because I know nagaayos na sya bago pa lumabas ng banyo. Mayamaya pa nawala na ang tunog ng tubig. She's done. 

"Ohmygod! Jacob?? Bakit ka nandito?" she greeted me with a shocked face. Cute. Tumayo ako sa pagkakaupo ko at dumiretso sa kanya. I gave her a hug like I never did. "Happy annniversary babe. Are you surprised?" I let go of the hug and looked at her still shocked expression. "Of course I am. Diba sabi mo out of town kayo ngayon? Why are you here?" she sounded like she's about to cry any moment.

"I lied Kate. Sinabi ko lang yun sayo para masurprise kita. Syempre hindi ko palalampasin ang araw na to." and I hugged her again. "You're so sweet babe. I love you." "I love you too princess." And with that, I gave her a forehead kiss. "Teka, nakita ka na ba nina mama? Sila ba ang nagpapasok sayo?" I told her na katulong nila ang nagpapasok saken dahil tulog pa ang parents niya. 

Lumabas na kami ng kwarto nya after a few sweet moments. Gising na din ang mga magulang nya and I greeted them a good morning. 

"Iho, ang aga mo ah. Kumain ka na ba?" Kate's mom asked me while she's preparing the plates. "Ahh hindi pa po tita. Nagpaaga po talaga ako para masurprise si Kate." I joined in their breakfast and had a little chat. Kate told her parents that it's our anniversary. Nung matapos kami, I offered to wash the plates but her mom said yung katulong nalang.

Kate and I went to their garden. We sat on the bench and she leaned on my shoulder while we gazed on the beautiful sky. 

"Ang ganda ng araw babe." she said while being mesmerized by the bright sun and blue sky. "Pero mas maganda ka." I caught her attention with what I said. She gave me her beautiful smile and also a kiss on my cheek. "You never fail to surprise me babe. Nagguilty tuloy ako kase wala man lang akong gift sayo for our anniversary." lumungkot ang mukha nya. I pulled her close and looked straight into her eyes.

"Princess, kahit wala kang kahit anong regalo, just promise me one thing." "Ano yun babe?" I held her hands and told her, "Promise me na hindi ito ang huling anniversary na icecelebrate naten." again, she gave me her beautiful smile and said, "Oo naman babe. There will be so many years ahead of us. And I promise, we'll still be together no matter what."