Chapter 2: Call from Dela Vega's

Jacob's POV

Kakauwi ko lang galing sa date namin ni Kate. We had an amazing day. There were no extravagant surprises nor material gifts but only each other's presence was enough. I'm not a guy of such effort. Hindi ako yung tipo ng boyfriend na magdedecorate ng isang room with balloons and our pictures then papapasukin sya blindfolded. I settle with intimate surprises.

It's dinner time now. Dumiretso muna ako sa kwarto para magpalit and went downstairs again to join my family at the table. Kauupo ko palang when my mom started asking questions about my day with Kate.

"So Jacob, how was your date with Kate?" she asked with much curiosity. "Nothing really special mom. I just surprised her at home." I made it short and straight to the point para di na sya magtanong pa. She just gave me a nod and went on with our dinner. When we were done, mom did the dishes. I was about to go back to my room when my 11-year-old brother called me.

"Kuya, patulong naman sa assignment please? Sa science." Of course I can't say no kaya sumunod ako sa kwarto nya. It was just about chemical and physical reaction in matter so madali kong naituro sa kanya. After my session with him, dumiretso na ko sa kwarto. Hinanap ko ang phone ko to call Kate. This may sound cheesy or corny but we can't go on one night without calling each other. I dialed her number and she answered in just two rings.

"Hi babe! I was just about to call you." even at night she's still full of energy. " I know. Pero naunahan kita." I was teasing her. "Miss na kita agad babe. One day isn't enough." she sound so sad. Or maybe just being cute. "I miss you too princess. I'll give you a surprise visit again soon." "Haha. Baka ako pa ang magsurprise vist sayo." 

And our convo went on for an hour. Kung ano ano lang ang mapagusapan. Inantok na sya so we said our goodnights and Iloveyous. Exactly that I ended our call came a knock at my door. "Jacob? Are you still awake?" It's mom. I opened the door and attended to her. "Yes mom. Bakit?" "I have great news for you son." she seems so excited to spill her great news. so I offered na pumasok muna sya ng kwarto. And she did.

"So what's it mom?" I sat with her on my bed. "Jacob, tinawagan ako ng mga Dela Vega. You do remember them right?" Dela Vega. The only Dela Vega I know is Inah and her parents. So possibly it's them mom's talking about. "Yes mom. What's up with them?" 10 years ago when Inah and I last saw each other. We're childhood bestfriends. I hope until now we still are. Hindi ko na natatandaan kung kelan yung huli naming paguusap. "As I said I got a call from them, sabi nila they're coming back a week from now. At gusto nila tayo and sumundo sa kanila. Isn't that great?" "Really great mom. It's been years." They're coming back. I'm excited. "Good. Don't make any plans on the day. Tayong tatlo ng dad mo ang susundo sa kanila." "Okay. Thanks for the news mom. Goodnight." And she left my room.

Nahiga na ako ready to enter dreamland when one thought hit my head...

My bestfriend is coming back.