MENTAL HEALTH.

- Why is this an issue?

There is still a massive social stigma attached to mental health problems with an array of stereotypes and myths surrounding incredibly common problems. Anyone suffering from depression is seen as incapable, all schizophrenics are percieved as violent and dangerous. This social attitude means that although people with mental health problems may already feel alone and unwanted, they are further alienated and pushed to the fringes of society. Additionally, whilst technological advances for physical illnesses are reaching new peaks, mental health organisations are constantly suffering from financial cuts and losses, reducing the help available.

- What are we hoping to achieve?

We would like to dispel myths and stereotypes surrounding mental health conditions and also let people know that they are not alone. It's okay to feel whatever you are feeling and it's okay to ask for help. We would also like to give advice to people who would like to support friends/family who have problems with mental health. We also want to raise visibility of the lesser known conditions, such as certain types of eating disorders.

- How can this be done?

With your continuous support of this project, we can spread the awesomesauce and make lives better.

- Requirements to be a guest writer for this topic:

Anyone who wants to discuss experiences and problems, give/seek advice.

Note: Guest writers will be kept anonymous if they so wish. However, abusive and offensive language will not be tolerated {unless it is being used to make a point or describe an experience} and any accounts we deem as inappropriate will not be published.

LTAC!