Chapter 22: All Alone

Sorry for making you guys wait! I kept falling asleep this weekend while trying to write it. I think I'm getting old. (I'm currently typing this with my eyes closed so I can get some rest while typing).

Thank you to @HowlingMarvel for the character audition! Tremor was very interesting to write!

Thank you all for your submissions for the character audition, it was so fun reading through everyone's ideas and actually gave me inspiration to write more superhero books because you guys had such great ideas!

The picture attached to the chapter is a visual for what the interior of the old factory looks like!

Okay, on to the chappy :)

Bethany's POV:

It felt like I couldn't breathe for about five whole minutes. Why did we always end up crawling through air shafts? I army crawled forward a little bit, trying not to inhale too much of the musty, stale air mixed with sweat from all the others squeezed into the air shaft with me. Dick was crawling in front of me, then behind me was Batgirl, Artemis, and Robin.

"According to the tracer on the ninja, they're just up ahead and below us." Dick said into his wrist computer. The only light in the whole skinny tunnel was emitted from Dick's blue wrist computer screen.

"Great, but can we get this train moving a little faster? I'm getting a little uncomfortable with Tim behind me. It's not like I have a cape to cover my butt or anything, like Batgirl." Artemis groaned quietly, only loud enough for us to hear.

"Lucky you, Artemis, you're just looking at my cape." Barbara said, a little mischievous twinkle in her voice, "Huntress' cape is a half-length, so it doesn't completely cover her butt when she's army crawling. I've had to keep looking at her butt in front of me this whole time."

"Hey!" I said sharply, stopping to adjust my cape a little, pulling it down a little self consciously.

"Lucky, Batgirl." I could hear the grin in Dick's voice.

"Watch it, Boy Blunder." I said through gritted teeth.

"That joke doesn't apply to me anymore, remember?" He chuckled softly, but keeping it low so no one could hear us in the air shafts, "I'm not Robin anymore. So technically, you're making fun of lil' ol' Robin back there."

"What a dick." I mumbled under my breath. The two girls behind me giggled, but Tim just sighed.

"Am I the only one that's mature here?" He said from all the way in the back

"Yes," We all said.

"But seriously, Huntress." Batgirl said teasingly, "I see you've been hitting the gym lately."

"Huh?"

"I can really tell you've been doing a lot of squats." Batgirl giggled.

"Can we please stop talking about butts? Toned butts and any kind of butts, please just stop." My face started to heat up and it suddenly got really hot in that confined space.

"We're here." Dick said, halting immediately.

He had stopped so fast that I ran into the bottom of his combat boot, my face feeling like I had a footprint on it. I suddenly felt Barbara's face ram into my butt, making me jerk forward, getting yet another shoe-print on my face. I heard muffled groans and shifting around behind me. Everyone else ran into the person in front of them. Well, except Dick because he was the cause of all the commotion, of course.

There was the sound of a grate being shifted open. "Now, now, Bethany." Dick said before hopping through the opening.

I felt the stale breeze of the factory hit my nostrils and I stifled a disgusted cough. I scooted forward and jumped out where Dick had jumped out. The slight claustrophobia fell away and it finally felt like I could breathe again.