Chapter One

Hank walked inside his laboratory, working on a new project — a new suit for Janet Van Dyne. He wanted it to be something that she'll like to be seen in. Janet was something who was hard to impress but Hank loved her with all of his heart. They met in 1937, working on a scientific experiment for Stark Technologies with Howard Stark; it was a gambol and a risk. Janet and Hank spent several days together after that very day. "Janet, have you seen this?" He showed her a fan magazine, that's been printed yesterday night. "People are obsessed! They couldn't, at least, leave us alone, Janet! Janet!! Are you listening to me?"

"Hank! I'm listening to you." Janet replied with slight anger in her voice as she narrowed her brows. "You showed the fan magazine to me a bunch of times, already!" This wasn't the first time that Hank Pym has shown her a fan a magazine with them on the as its cover stars; however, she didn't tell Hank that she hates being recognized by the fan magazines. She wanted complete privacy from the press and every news reporter in town. "Hank! I have seen what this does to people. It changes them. How are we supposed to raise a kid? If everyone knows who we are, Hank. Well?" Janet waited for him to respond. "Are you going to say something?"

"I was Janet, but does it kill you to live a little, just once! Please, Jan. Please." Hank threw his pen towards the table and sighed. "We don't have all day to argue about this, Janet. We need to plan what we should do to help the war, and to come up for a name for our team of heroes, Janet. Now, I was thinking The Initiatives. What do you think?" He said, gesturing his hands at the files in front of them.

Janet picked up the files that Hank was gesturing at. She quickly looked through it. "These people are pointless, Hank! They are not as fool proof as we are, Hank. And correct me if I'm wrong, I also think that a band of heroes called The Initiatives would conquer like everything else in this damn city, Hank." She crossed her arms. "What about the Avengers? It sounds good enough for a world domination, Hank. Hank? Is the name The Avengers good enough for you?"

"Why does everything that I do or say is always a big deal to you, Janet?"

"Hank! Everything should be fine by now. I believe that it's too weak and idiotic, just to pretend that it's just make making it a big deal, your highness. And Hank! I'm not some girl that will wait for a man to change his ways. It's either that you stop all the shit that's going on inside that head of yours, Janet. Because I am done! I'm done!" Janet threw her hands up in the air as if she was seeking for mercy and pity from Hank Pym.

"Did you just stutter your words at me, Janet?" Hank picked up the other file on the table. "Because it sure sounds like it, Janet."

"You make me sick, Hank! Sick!" Janet shook her head. "I have never been disgusted in my whole entire life, Hank!"

"I'm calling bullshit, Jan." He looked up from the file in his hands. "I will not tolerate your behavior towards me, missy. I have promised your father that I will take care of you, Janet."

"I'm not afraid, Hank!"

"Oh? Janet, I'm afraid. This job is way too risky for someone like you." He threw the file back down in front of him. "I'm not going to let you get hurt!"

"I'm not going to let a wound stop me, Hank. It's how life goes. And I believe that it is so." Janet grabbed hold of his hands. "Hank, if I mean the world to you. You would learn how to let someone like me go, Hank. I know that it's a hard thing to do." She smiled. "I love you, Hank. Please, don't push me away."

"I'm not going to push you away, Janet. It's a thing that I will never do."

"Do you really mean it, Hank?" Janet said, as her eyes pierced out of her sockets, metaphorically.