Chapter 3. SYDNEY

Luke wasn't too happy when Caleb and I told him we were dating.

"If you hurt her I swear I'll kill you." Luke threatened when he told him earlier. Caleb promised him that he wouldn't hurt him.

But that was a hard promise to keep.

I went home after we told everyone. Caleb hugged me goodbye at the door and kissed my forehead. "Text me." He whispered.

I nodded and waved as I left. Annie hadn't spoken to me ever since I told. I guess she's mad at me.

That night I couldn't sleep because I was really excited and happy that Caleb was now my boyfriend. It's a really great feeling when your crush becomes your boyfriend or girlfriend.

Around 11 PM I tried to fall asleep but couldn't, so I texted Caleb.

S: Hey
C: hey, what r u doing up?
S: it's only 11
C: so?
S: so why are you up then?
C: good point. Because I wanna
S: 😂
C: so how's Luke?
S: upset
C: he's probably mad at me, I'm sorry
S: it's okay! It's not ur fault
C: yeah it is! I was the one to cause all this
S: don't blame yourself Caleb. Anyway, how's baseball and school going?
C: school! U wanna talk about school?
S: why not 😂
C: because that's a terrible subject
S: 😂
C: anyways I gtg I'll ttyl tho
S: ok. Gn Caleb 💘
C: gn princess 💜

I put my phone and my nightstand and plugged it into its charger as I slowly fell asleep, thinking of Caleb.

•••

A few days later Caleb and I went on our first date.

Mom helped me pick out a cute lavender mini dress with some white wedged sandals that wrapped around my ankle. I brushed my hair and let it out, then I applied a little bit of makeup before he got here.

I had invited Caleb to my school's spring fling dance, and he decided to call it our first date.

While I was finishing applying my lipstick, Mom said Caleb was here.

"—I swear, I do nothing special with the Eggo waffles. You can even ask Sydney and Luke." Mom said to Caleb who was standing at the door.

Caleb looked over and smiled when he saw me. I grinned back.

"You look beautiful, Sydney." He said.

"Thank you. You look handsome." I said back.

Caleb was wearing a black tux with a lavender tie to match my dress, and matching black church-like shoes.

Before he could acknowledge, Luke came into the room and shook his head, "Uh uh, nope. Go change! That dress is too short! Mom, you're gonna let her go out like this?!"

"Luke, the dress is a little above her knees. She's fine." Mom said.

"You better not try anything." Luke said to Caleb.

"I'm only thirteen, Luke, chill." He said.

"Doesn't mean you won't try things." Luke said as he walked away.

Caleb put his hands up in surrender. "I swear, Luke!"

I walked over and looped my hand into his. "Ready?"

He nodded and he, Mom, and I walked out to the car.

I turned on the camera and began to film. "Hey, guys! So we're on the way to my school dance and Caleb is my date! I decided he'd be my date since I needed a close guy friend to go with me."

I didn't tell the viewers yet that Caleb and I were dating because if he changes his mind, I don't want fans to hate him. He's still one of my best friends.

Soon enough we arrived at the dance and waved goodbye to Mom as she left. Luke didn't want to come because he didn't have a date.

"You lead the way, since I don't know where to go." Caleb said.

I laughed and grabbed his hand as we walked into the school. We walked down the hall and turned left into the gym, which was packed with people dancing.

"Woah, this is lit!" Caleb shouted.

"Come on, let's meet my friends." I dragged him over towards the punch bowl where my friends, Naomi and Calla, were.

"Hey guys! This is my date, Caleb." I said as he awkwardly waved at them.

Naomi waved back then shook his hand. "Nice to meet you. I watch you on Bratayley, you're so cool! Could you sign this?" She pulled out a notebook and had Caleb sign it.

"Thanks!" She squealed as she stuffed her notebook into her drawstring backpack.

Calla was the shy one. She smiled and waved at him. "Nice to meet you." She said quietly.

"You, too." Caleb said back.

Just then, a slow song came on.

"Would you like to dance?" Caleb asked as he stretched his hand out.

"Of course." I said as I took his hand. He dragged me out further into the dance floor and placed one hand on my waist, the other one holding my hand.

I placed my other hand on his shoulder as we slowly danced to the song. At one point, Caleb swung me around.

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist, still dancing slowly.

"Thanks for inviting me, Syd, this is a lot of fun." Caleb said.

"No problem. I'm glad you're having fun." I said back.

"You know what would make this night even better?" He asked.

"What?"

"This." He leaned in and kissed me.

We danced the rest of the night away until Mom picked us up.

She dropped Caleb off at his house and I walked with him up to his door.

"I had a great time. Thanks again, Syd." Caleb said as he knocked on the door.

"Sure. See you soon." I said as I hugged him.

When I pulled away he was about to kiss me, but the door swung open. Hayley was standing there.

"Hi Caleb! Hi Sydney!" She greeted.

Caleb smiled and walked in. He waved before he closed the door.

I ran back to the car and when I got home, and I fell asleep smiling that night.

A/N: Ugghh all my fanfics are so cliché I legit just realized that 😭😭 but I hope this chapter was okay.
If you liked it please vote comment and share!!
Until next time ;)