Shadows Part 1

________________chapter one_______ 

 Maya stumbled through the dense foliage, pushing the branches out of her eyes. Her eyes darted around the scene desperately looking for a path home. A thorn snagged her dark, curly hair. She ripped out the thorn and continued on her way. Her blue sweater seemed twenty times heavier in the dark. Maya checked her phone again, knowing the answer. No cellular. Maya sighed. She spotted a faint glint in the distance. Maya desperately stumbled forward. She looked around. Her light brown skins was beaded with sweat. A silver piece of metal sat on the ground. Maya sat down. She held back her tears and looked around. It was hopeless. "I'm going to die alone in this stupid forest." She thought. Suddenly, a rustle in the bushes snapped her out of her despair. She swiftly hid behind a tree. A dark brown cat walked up to the silver. Could it be? Maya squinted her eyes. The cats head seemed to be bobbing just a centimeter above the cats head. The cat crouched down lower, it's head bobbing gently. It used its paw to scoop up the metal peice and clipped it around its ear like an earring. It sat down, looking in Maya's direction. It's eyes looked slightly like crosses. It seemed to stare right through the tree and look at Maya. Maya started to tremble uncontrollably. The cat stood up, dusted itself off, and pulled out a black bow tie from thin air. It fastened the bow tie around the bottom half of his neck , and walked toward Maya. "Who might you be?" A smooth deep voice said from above her. She wildly looked above her head. A dark brown cat's head stared down from above her, it's silver earring glinting mischievously. 

 To be continued...