¹ And my life is sweet like caramel is.

So you put Cadbury's caramel hot chocolate powder into a mug and add heated-not boiled-milk. Mix and add sugar to sweeten. Get a can of whipped cream and layer on nicely, then grate on chocolate and decorate with white mini-marshmallows. Finish off with a drizzle/swirl of caramel sauce.

It is Friday and I am curled up on the sofa with blankets covering me and the X-Factor on the television. Drink in hand I watch the hosts discuss the latest performer, who I haven't a clue whoes name is. It I am being honest this show has been really dull lately and I haven't been watching it since One Direction were on in 2010.

It is already getting cold and it's not even September yet! That is England for you, it has been raining all summer. Thankfully me, my brother (Steven) and my parents got to go to Spain this year for a couple of weeks. This means that my usually pale skin has a light tan and my hair is more golden blonde and not a light brown. Oh, and I have a huge amount if freckles over my nose.

"Laaannna?" Steven called from the kitchen. What does he want now? I have just got comfy.

"What is it my delightful older brother?" I called back, he is probably asking for food, as per usual.

"Can you make me some ice-cream?" Told you so. He is so lazy for 16. It is hard to imagine he is turning 17 in a few months and still dosnt know how to put ice-cream in a bowl. Scratch that he knows how to just cannot be bothered to do anything that takes more than 30 seconds.

"Yeah sure, let your younger sister to do everything for you, nice try, pig!" I yell back.

"Your turning 16 in a week, your not that young. Pleeese?"

Sighing I get out of the mountain of blankets and walk into the kitchen. He owes me big time, I expect an extra expencive present. Because of the nice person I am I get strawberry ice-cream and French strawberries  in a bowl with of course whipped cream and strawberry sauce. And feeling creative I added strawberry laces ontop.

"Oh thanks Lana, your the best" Steven said when I gave him the bowl, "So what are your birthday plans?"

"Well I wanted to have a sleepover with Ellen and Gemma but as it is the day before school I think I'll just have pizza with you, Mum and Dad." Steven understood that I wasn't too keen on big parties, and I didn't have a whole load if friends. In fact Ellen and Gem where my only two true friends, everyone else I spoke to but never really hung round with. Us three were really close, but for my birthday I was happy to have my family there.

"Ah cool, ok then I am heading out, bye sis!" Steven but away his spoon away and grabbing his jacket be went out the door. Unlike me he has a busy social life and actually goes out to parties and mates houses. But I don't mind, maybe this year will be different anyway.

Mum and Dad were out with friends so I decided to call it a day. Turning the television off I finished my drink and headed upstairs.

After a couple of hours logged onto tumblr my laptop was switched off and I was brushing my teeth for bed. For the first time I thought about how I wanted this year to be different. Sixteen was not the year to spend all my life reading. I will to go shopping with Gemma and Ellen tomorrow, we can get lunch and talk about this year.  Oh, and get loads of clothes too. And Starbucks. And go to lush. And go to Mac and get our make-up done. And maybe go and get our hair done too. Okay time for bed, I thought and switched off the light.

Sorry for the awful start but I feel I need to update, I know it is short but I feel I NEED to put this up *coff* Ellen *coff*

  And while I am on that I think that including you in the story means I at least get a shoutout from you. go read Ellen's book Happily Ever Afters !

  Anyway stick with it I will try hard to make it a good book :)

  What do you call a man who fell into a pile of leaves? RUSSLE