A Melody of Beginnings

Note: Make sure your playlist playing HSJ's Hajimari no Melody >_<

The swaying white clouds from the sky in a pool of water

The wind blows all of a sudden, making your hair come apart

"Hey, what's up?" I plopped down beside you who were sitting while hugging your knees to your chest at your favorite spot in the rooftop of the three storey building where your family's flat and mine were exist.

You lifted your head, and when you turned to me, your face was all smile. I knew you were sad about something. Just, I didn't know what it was, and I didn't want to force it out from you.

"Nothing," you said maintaining your cheerful tone. "Ah, how was your exam?"

"Just the same," I answered you with lazy tone. "I don't think I'll pass this one."

You shoved my shoulder weakly, laughing, "Have a confidence on yourself even just a little, will you?"

If you tried to force a laugh, it'd be too rough on you wouldn't it

Until your heart feels lighter, I will be by your side

Your laughter ceased.

I put my arm around your back, and made your head rested on my shoulder. I did not say a word. You did not either. You put your hand over mine, intertwining our fingers. Silent breeze passed, and I pretended not seeing when your tears dropped onto my skin.

I wanted to ask you what was wrong, but I knew you did not want to share your sadness because you once told me that the one deserved to be shared was only happiness. So, I gulped my words down, squeezing your hand weakly.

"You look like you need some sleep," I chose to pat your arm gently.

"Ryosuke?" you hesitantly spoke.

"Hm?"

You took a second to answer me with, "Nothing."

You would tell if you wanted to share, but for now you didn't, so I replied, "Okay."

We let silence engulfed us.

The words I want to convey the most, the words I want to hear the most

Because we understand they're the same thing, we've never said a thing

They called us best friends. I used to consider you as one myself. I didn't know, or perhaps I was just too dense to realize, that slowly I saw you as someone else. In my eyes now, you're no longer my little friend. You are the girl that I've fallen for then, am in love with now, and will love till the time I couldn't tell- I wanted to say forever, but I didn't even know if that word was applicable.

I love you

"Mirai," there were times when I called out your name with the sole intention of telling you.

"What is it?"