Dear Love

Today is the day, I'm going home. I've been waiting for this since forever. I have been fighting wars, throwing grenades, and keeping my dignity and pride with honor, and after all these years, all I ever wanted was her. Today is going to be a surprise. I'm going to ask her. I'm finally going to asker to marry me. The airplane has landed, and I have everything I will ever need with a touch of a rose on my left hand, that has been eager for days to give it to her. A huge smile came up to my face, the thought of her makes me smile. I want to make her happy for the rest of my life, I will love her, until the day that I die. I've been so patient for so long. I don't know what to think, she makes me speechless. I remember all the times we've been together. I remember how the sun shines on her face and would even make her stand out. She's not perfect, but for me she is, She is my everything. 

The sun shines brightly on the crystal white floor of the airport. All I can think of was to get home, get back to her. I kept in my mind her beautiful face, it was just an ordinary face for some, but it wasn't for me. It goes perfectly with her beautiful golden brown hair and ocean blue eyes. She was all I need.

It was six years ago when we first met. I was in the middle of my training when she came to disrupt it. She was very shy and got scolded for not staying in the office. The general was her father, who passed away a year after, he was a very honored man, a respectable father to all, specially to me, and we all felt upset about it. She was torn, it first time that I saw her cry. I felt like I needed to protect her. And from that day, I promised to myself that I won't make her feel the same way. I cured her broken heart, and we fell for each other. She loved me like no one ever could.

Every war I took, I always had her picture beside my heart, for me to think of the only thing I should be living for. For her. I had no family and childhood, I lived anywhere and I used to be drunk. Not until her father came up to me and brought out the best in me. He took care of me, made me feel like I had a family, something I never had. He sent me to college, and I told him I wanted to be just like him, he didn't stop me. He was happy. And then there's his daughter who's always with him. And he introduced me to her. That's basically where everything started. Lucky for me, I was pretty much a funny guy, and I always get to see her smile. Not until we have to go to face the war. She didn't want me to continue, she cried for days and I couldn't stop her. Our relationship consist of writing our feeling on a piece of paper and give it to each other. She made one and it said: Don't leave. You're my reason to hold on. I need you. I need you here by my side every single day, I hate it when I don't get to see you. I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's the way you laugh, the way you make me feel protected, or maybe your cute dimples when you smile. But I do know one thing, I need you. I love you. She said she tries to understand, but she doesn't want me to get killed in the middle of the war. But then I comforted her with all my might. She let me go. And now I'm back, I'm never going to leave her again. 

It took me ten minutes to get a cab, and thirty to go back home. 

This is it, I thought  

I found myself searching for air when I found out she's not here. She's not here. This can't be. She never left this house. She never did. I start to panic. I start to establish thoughts in my head, entering every single second without even asking for permission. I sat there, feeling useless. Feeling like I carry the world on my shoulders. I look at the place, and realized that it didn't change. Our pictures together was still standing on the table we both made. The camera that we both earned for was still in the special shelf I made for her. And the teddy bear I got for her when we were on a fair was still there, lying on the bed. I miss her. I bowed my head thinking of the places she could have been. Her smile flashed my thoughts, making me want to just get her in my arms and hug her forever. The door clicked, I saw who it was. I stood up in surprise.