The Living Death

The Living Death

     Thebes, City of the Living, crown jewel of Pharaoh Seti the First. Home of Imhotep, Pharaoh's high priest, keeper of the dead. Birthplace of Anck-Su-Namun, Pharaoh's mistress. No other man was allowed to touch her. But for their love, they were willing to risk life itself.

"What are you doing her?!" asked  Seti to the golden slaves. As Seti was walking into the next room, he saw Anck-Su-Namun leaning on a

statue of a golden cat. "Who has touched you?" As Seti turned around, he saw Imhotep right behind him, holding a sword. "Imhotep! My priest!" Those were Seti's last few words, tell Anck-Su-Namun and Imhotep starting stabbing him in the chest & back.

The golden slaves were just standing, watching Seti while he was getting stabbed, until they hurd banging on the door. "Seti's bodygaurds." Imhotep said with a stund face.

"You must go!" said Anck-Su-Namun. "Safe yourself." "No!" " Only you can resurrect me." After when they stopped arguing, Seti's bodygaurds came bashing through the doors. They came to Imhotep and took him away. " I won't leave you." yelling at Anck-Su-Namun.

"Get away from me!" while he was yelling at the bodygaurds.

"You shall live again! I will always resurrect you."

The bodygaurds came running to Anck-Su-Namun.

"My body is no longer his temple!" as Anck-Su-Namun said that she stabbed herself in the cheast.

To resurrect Anck-Su-Namun, Imhotep and his priests broke into her crypt and stole her body. They raced deep into the desert, taking Anck-Su-Namun's corpse to Hamunaptra, City of the Dead, ancient burial site for the sons of pharaohs and resting place for the weath of Egypt. [Hamunaptra 1296 B.C] For love, Imhotep dared the gods anger by going deep into the city, where he took the black Book of the Dead from its holy resting place. Where Anck-Su-Namun's soul had been sent to the underworld, her vital organs removed and placed in five Canopic jars. Anck-Su-Namun's soul had came back from the dead, but Seti's bodygaurds had followed Imhotep and stopped him before the ritual could be completed. Imhotep's priests were condemned to be mummified alive. As for Imhotep, he was condemned to endure the

Hom-Dia, the worst of all ancient curses. One so horrible, it had never before been bestown. He was to remain sealed inside his sarcophagus, for he will be undead for all eternity. The Magi would never allow him to be released, for he would arise a walking disease, a plauge upon mankind, an unholy flesh-eater with the strength of ages, power over the sands, and glory of invincibility.