1 Resistance

Resistance

"I love you."

Unspoken words fill the air. Awkward body tension and heavy breathing can be seen in both bodies. The smaller girl did her best to not look at the other. She is scared of the possible response. Taeyeon knows to herself that 'no' is the obvious answer, but she still clings on to that tiny hope that maybe, just maybe, she will say yes.

She was prepared to hear resentment anyway since she has replayed this scene in her head for hundreds of times. Just like a soldier going on a battle, she's armed with guns but prepared of whatever outcome it may be.

It was the first time she ever said that to Tiffany, although she felt that way for her for a long, long time now.

"Taeyeon I..... What do you want me to say? You know I feel the same."

"You know exactly what I want to hear from you. So say it aloud."

She looks directly at Tiffany's eyes now, hoping that maybe the other girl can see the desperation and plea from her.

"Choose me. Please."

=/=/=

It was their 2nd year of college when they first met. Both were young, reckless and full of curiosity. There's something about youth that makes people feel alive and free. Maybe it's because being a teenager just exhales so much energy, or they don't think through things which eventually leads to stupid decisions. Or the mixture of both.

They were roommates; but their friendship didn't necessarily start immediately. For 3 months, no words were enunciated to the other. Sometimes, Tiffany goes back in the dorm wasted or even high during ungodly hours. Whenever this happens, Taeyeon always help Tiffany go to her bed and change her clothes. She pitied Tiffany, thinking that the girl might be so lonely that it comes to this point wherein she's already torturing her own body and soul.

Tiffany will then doze off to sleep and forget everything that happened in the morning. Taeyeon got used to that. She has never even heard a single 'thank you' from Tiffany, but she's not complaining. She got used to that, too.

One day, that same scenario happened again. Tiffany knocked at the door and shouted, "Taeyeon open up! It's me!"

Taeyeon got out of bed, half awake and opened the door. There was something different about Tiffany, and she examined the other girl's face to find out what it is.

"What the hell did you take this time?"

Taeyeon asked as she led Tiffany to her bed, not expecting a response. She looked at the latter's eyes, and then saw what's 'different' about her: her eyes were lost; bloodshot and all red.

No answer.

She took off Tiffany's heels, and helped her change clothes. She was about to go back to her bed when she felt Tiffany's hand pulling her.

"I'm lonely. I don't want to live in their shadow anymore."

"......"

"I have no idea what you're saying.....I don't know what to say", Taeyeon said. It sounds harsh and y especially knowing Tiffany's condition, but she meant it and she was just being honest. She cannot offer comfort, since she barely knows anything about the girl.

"Thank you though. For always helping when I can't even help myself."

=/=/=

Months passed, and they became friends. Finally. It started when Tiffany finally acknowledged Taeyeon's existence and she started talking to her more often.