chapter one ; one last day

[Squad Group Chat ❤️]

Jasmine 💕: hey, who's awake?

Amy 🙆🏻 : i just woke up lol

Connor 😎 : me too. im about to walk to school see ya guys there

Jasmine 💕 : Amy i'm coming to your house, let's walk together I need to tell you something

Amy 🙆🏻 : Okay

Still drowsy from the two hours of sleep that I had, I start to get ready. Since it was the last day of school, I decided to actually try to look decent. It was my last day of being a freshman in high school.

I decided to pick out a black crop top and a black skater skirt. I paired it with my red flannel and some black high top converse. I took my backpack and headphones and rushed out the door, saying goodbye to my parents before running to Amy's house.

On the way to Amy's house, I couldn't help but think about how I'm going to explain to her that I was leaving my hometown in Florida. My dad recently got a job in Canada and my family has been dreaming of living there. We apparently have some close family members over there so we could live with them for a while, until we get our own house there.

I reached Amy's house, and saw her on her porch. "Amy! Let's go." She looked up from her phone and saw me. "Girl! I love your outfit!"
I replied with, "Thanks." and she saw my smile sort of fade. "What's wrong?"

"Okay so, I'm going to miss you and Connor so much. I'm sorry but today is my last day in Florida. I didn't know how to tell you guys I'm so sorry. I love you both so much, thanks for always being there for me. I will facetime or skype you both everyday, don't worry. No one will replace you guys. Oh, and I will visit Florida once in a while, I just won't be able to see you guys everyday."

She responded with, "Oh my gosh, I'm going to miss you so much Jas. Promise me that we'll be best friends forever, and that no one is going to replace each other?"

"Of course Amy. I promise you. Now I just have to tell Connor. It shouldn't be that hard right?"

By now, we were at school. Amy's smile just suddenly faded. Curious as to why, I asked her, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know if I should be the one that's telling you.. Turn around."

I turned around to see Connor with roses. He was dressed very nicely too. He approached me and said, " Jasmine. I've been waiting for this moment for so long, and you have no idea how much I've been wanting to ask you this. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"I-" I was interrupted by the bell.

While walking with him to class, I explained everything. "Connor, I'm sorry but I feel like if I'm going to be living in a different country, it's not going to work out. We will barely ever see each other. I think we should just wait and see if I ever come back to Florida and live here, then we could maybe work things out. I'm sorry to let you down like this, but promise me we will still talk everyday, but just as best friends for now."

Connor finally was able to open his mouth and responded with, "Of course. Anything for you. I would never want to lose you." This is why I loved Connor, he was always there for me. He deserves a girl that will treat him right, and I know I wouldn't be able to do that if I'm all the way in Canada.

- Skipping the school day -

I ran home, making sure I had enough time pack my bags before leaving to the airport at 7:00 P.M.

After packing everything I needed, I ran downstairs to see my parents waiting. "Let's go."

Although I will miss my friends here in Florida, I'm excited to move to Canada. I'm excited for new opportunities and friends.

Finally arriving at the airport, I said goodbye to my closest friends, Connor and Amy. And I began to make my way to the gate.

Goodbye Florida.