Mistakes...

Mistakes, they are all around us. Some people make them and some fix them. I'm Anne Thios and for my mom, I'm the mistake. I've only known one mistake she made, keeping me.

She always used to tell me I was unwanted.  I thought it was a loving nickname , until I went to kindergarten. Although she treated me so badly I have cried everyday since she died.

It's funny how love works, she came home drunk almost every night after I was nine. But the last thing she did was good and that's what gets to me. I never wanted to admit it but, let's face it.  My mom was a slut.

A few days before she passed she gave me a locket necklace. It is the most beautiful thing ever. The colour of gold with pink roses painted on top.

I haven't seen what's inside but I'm not expecting much. It's a reminder to me that the only good thing she did for me was the last thing she ever did.

Over the years I have become an introvert, never trusting anyone, I could never keep a boyfriend.  What's the point of my life anyway, no one has ever loved me and no one ever will. 

I don't even know what I'm doing with my life, I often stare at the ceiling all night wondering if it will get better. It's sad because the only thing I have to look forward to is my job, an assistant at a law law firm. 

I guess some days are okay, my life is not all terrible.  It's only sometimes that I will sulk and focus on all of the bad things in life but that is just me being me. 

And being me I moved to the states and changed my name. Know one knows me, and no one will.  Besides, in the end no one is there for you.