Parents

This was wrote from my english class that's why there are so many big words but not all short stories will be like this. I promise.xoxo -A

"What did you do Jack?" My mom looked like she was malevolent, really wanting to hurt him. She was yelling at my dad, trying to figure out why he had been gone all the time.

I had to sit there and watch her yell at him. She took his repertoire of baseball cards and threw them into the fire place in the living room. My dad just sat there with tears streaming down his cheeks and the look of mortification on his face. He just stands there, staring into the fire. My mom finally got him put of his nebulous state. She stood in front of him, shaking him and yelling his name. Nothing worked. Until she smacked him across the face.

I wasn't going to tolerate this. I'm only six, but I know what I'm supposed to do when a adult hits another adult. I quickly but, quietly got up and went to my room and called the police and told them what happened.

I lost my mom that night, not just from hitting my dad. She was wanted for doing many other bad things. Nothing is worse than losing someone from the mistake you made of telling them the truth and they start an onslaught on the person you told on and they end up doing worse than the other person getting punished first. But that's life (at least for me).