Chapter 1 - Checking In

It seems that luck just wasn't on your side today. And of course it was today of all days, the day you were heading to Seoul, that you had to be most unlucky.

Currently sat in the back of the cab that took an extra 10 minutes just to find your house because the driver was a total idiot, you impatiently tapped your foot and repeatedly checked the time on your phone despite the fact you'd checked just minutes before.

"Hope you weren't in a rush to get where ever you were going," the driver chuckled while making eye contact with you through the rear view mirror, where he could see your clearly unamused face.

-

You finally arrived at the airport and after handing the driver your fare, you hadn't bothered to tip him, you got out of the car and grabbed your luggage.

Walking through the automatic doors you then made your way to a machine to get your boarding pass but had to wait for the man in front to finish. You impatiently tapped your foot, looking at the large board that listed departures.

Seoul, Korea
Gate 35c
7:20
Boarding

Checking your phone again, the time read 6:50. The plane would be boarding by now.

After the man left you had quickly put in the information from the paper but for some reason it wasn't working. You tried a couple more times before a worker noticed you struggling and went to help you.

"M'am, this area is for domestic flights. International flights are over there," the lady pointed you in the direction of where you needed to go, "but your flight must be almost finished boarding by now."

What she said only added to your panic.
The lady guided you to a desk and told the man behind it your problem. He printed out your boarding passes as you paid your baggage fee.
After putting your luggage onto the belt, you then hurried to security check with your carry-on.

7:00

You were stuck in line for about 15 minutes before you finally made it through security check.
The metal detector and the x-ray they used for checking bags always freaked you out. You thought the detector would go off or they'd think they'd found something inside your bag when you were in fact innocent.

7:14

You had 6 minutes left to make your flight. You ran, your panic only rising as the minutes went by.

Why did this airport have to be so big?

You could hear your name being paged over the intercom to head to your gate causing you to run faster.

Your eyes caught sight of the gate sign 36c. You nearly passed the gate, fortunately you didn't. You made your way to the desk, out of breath.

"Ms. (L/N)?"

You could only nod, too busy panting to verbally answer while handing the man your boarding pass and passport.

"You're lucky. They almost left without you," the man noted basically what everyone had been telling you today.

You thanked him and then headed on board. When you stepped on the plane quite a few eyes were on you. You were too embarrassed by the fact you were boarding late so you kept your eyes glued to the ground. You could tell your cheeks had heated up slightly, still feeling a few pairs of eyes on you.

Once you made it to your row, you had to awkwardly squeeze past the man sitting on the end to your seat in the middle.

Sighing, you sit down in your seat and close you eyes, putting in your earphones. Today was a long day, and it was only 7:30 in the morning.

You mentally noted to check-in online next time.