Chapter 1: Being born

The pitter pater of the grass crunching against his feet was the only thing heard for miles. He was in the middle of nowhere, Walking through an empty field.  Fields of gold were before, him canola reaching out the sun, dancing happily. He did not sleep he did not eat or drink he simply walked. He was a teenage boy about 18 maybe 19 years old. He had a red hoodie, cargo pants and a large backpack. He also had something no one had ever seen before. 10 symbols starting from the top of his shoulder to his wrist on his right arm. The symbol reminded him of hieroglyphics from history text books he had seen. History books? He thought when did I look at a history text book? He did not know what they meant or why the where there but he didn't care, for now he had too many question swirling in his head. Where am I? Why am I here? Who are my parents and where are they? What is my name? Who am I? He tried so hard to think about who he was put he's memories only went as far as waking up in a collapsed building in the middle of nowhere. However still having memories of a normal teenage life.

He walked for days until he finally found what he was looking for, Civilisation. He walked into the first building he saw which happened to be a diner. Ironic seeing as he did not have to eat food or drink. The diner walls were blood red as were the tables. The diner smelled of bacon grease and had muffled country music playing in the background. He walked in and sat at the closest table he could find. The air-conditioning blowing against his face was incredibly relaxing, his fridge blowing around whipping his face, but he did not care. He almost feel asleep until one of the waiters came over. She had short brown hair a black shirt, black jacket and dark green jeans. She looked about the same age as he did.

"What can I get you?" She said. He looked at her name tag. It said in large black font "Ebony"

"What’s your special?" He asked.

"Pancakes, want some?"

"How much are they?" He opened the front pocket of his camo coloured back pack and pulled out a $10 note. He had around about $250 that he found when in the wooden, mouldy and abandoned barn he, well, materialised in.

"$2.50 a pancake" ebony replied.

"I’ll have 3 then," he replied with a smile.

"What will I put the order under?" Damn he forgot about that. He quickly darted around for a name. He saw an advertisement on one of the televisions for a network called 'Nickelodeon'. The television was quite large and was muted.

"Nick" he said. He thought about that name. He was quite fond of it.

"Alright Nick they'll be out soon" she wrote on her notepad and left. Nick started admiring his surrounding when he noticed something. She was wearing her sleeves lower than all the other waiters did. Strange he thought

"Pancakes for Nick!" said Ebony returning with his pancakes. The looked magnificent, the steam of the pancakes danced through the air and the syrup drizzled it way down the pancakes and reached the plate slowly creating a pool. He gave her the $10 and she gave him back $2.50. Nick suddenly remembered that he didn't need to eat. He decided to take a bite anyway. Nothing bad happened it just went down into his stomach like any other person. Well at least I can eat if I want to he thought. Then he noticed that Ebony was looking at his wrist with eyes the size of golf balls. He looked down and noticed that one of his symbols was showing. Not only showing, it was glowing too. It glowed a bright blue colour that glistened off the cutlery.

"Where did you get that?!" she said her tone suddenly becoming very serious.

"I..um I... uhh" He said puzzled as to what he should say and the fact that his one of his symbols was glowing which never happened. Why did it have to be the one not covered by my sleeve? He thought. She shoved her face right into his and said:

"We need to talk, NOW!" She turned and made a gesture with her hand signalling him to follow her. Oh no he thought. She went out the back door and into the back alleyway. He followed. It stank of garbage and the walls surrounding it were dark and crumbling. They got to the end of the alleyway and she pulled out a pistol from behind the dumpster. It was cleverly concealed so none of the staff could find it. She cocked the gun and aimed it at his head.

If you have enjoyed this first chapter then follow me, vote for me or drop a comment down below. next chapter will be coming out real soon.