Chapter 24 - Liam's POV

As soon as I got home, I bolted to my bedroom. I opened my nightstand drawer and rummaged through it, trying to find that little piece of paper. I shuffled through my hamper, thinking maybe it fell out from one of the pockets when I grabbed the dirty clothes to take to the washer. It wasn't there. I rushed over to the laundry room and literally checked all the drawers, baskets, and every corner of the room for it. Nothing.

"Dad?" Mackenzie asked as I flashed the light from my phone between the space of the washer and dryer machine. "What are you doing?"

"What are you looking for, daddy?" Madison asked.

I got up and groaned as I ran my hand through my hair, trying to figure out where it could be. "I'm trying to find Jackson's business card." I walked over to the kitchen, thinking maybe it's in our junk drawer.

"Why do you need it?"

"Are you planning our next vacation trip?"

Madison and Mackenzie asked at the same time as they followed me to the kitchen.

"No, I need to talk to Jackson." I answered, opening the junk drawer.

"Why?" Madison asked

"Yeah, why?" Mackenzie pressed on.

Suddenly, they were acting like they were five year olds again, a time when they used to ask 'Why?' after anything and everything I said. At first I thought it was cute, adorable even. But after a few times, it got annoying and tiring to hear twin girls constantly asking 'Why?' They sounded like the seagulls on Finding Nemo. The ones that constantly repeated, 'Mine" after seeing that crab. Except, instead of saying 'Mine' it was "Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?!" It was never ending and it always drove my head to a wall.

"I need to call him," I pushed aside the shit load of pens we had in the junk drawer but never used.

"But why?"

"Why?"

Oh my god.

"Because," I said annoyed. " I need to talk to him about Y/N," I slammed the drawer shut. "Where the hell is it?" I asked myself as I looked around the kitchen, wondering where a small business card could be in my two-story house.

"I have it," Mackenzie finally answered.

"Why" Madison asked.

I groaned at Madison. "I don't care about the 'why' right now, Madi." I looked over to Mackenzie, "just please give it to me, Mack. It's important."

Mackenzie must have seen how serious I was about needing Jackson's card because she went to get the card and gave it to me without asking anymore questions. I walked over to my office; it was the only place in the house that was sound proof, which meant they wouldn't hear a single word I would say over the phone with Jackson.

I quickly grabbed my phone, ready to press talk after punching in the digits, but then I remembered Y/N could hear me if Jackson was home. Instead, I opened a new text and typed out a quick message.

It's Liam. Call me ASAP. It's about Y/N. But make sure she's not around to hear you.

Within seconds, Jackson's number was displaying on my phone.

"Is she okay? Is she hurt? Is she with you?" Jackson immediately asked before I could even say hello.

"I think she's more than okay," I said.

"What do you mean?"

"Jackson," I bit my lip nervously. "She got in the car with me. It was less than a 10 minute drive, but still, that's something, right?"