Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rader's POV

I was getting Little Emily ready to go visit with her grandparents for the holidays. They asked for her finally after still grieving for their loss. Not that I didn't grieve also but for me it was different.

We were going to finalize the divorce that week. We had been separated for a month and she moved back in with her parents. That night she had gone off with the guy she was leaving me for. But Linda was at her parents house.

I guess they had a little too much to drink that night and drove home. Thank God she didn't suffer. Then I got full custody of Emily and her parents were devastated. They thought I would not want her and would want to start a new life.

But Emily was my life, my whole reason for living. As I made her braid just the way she likes it. I gave her a big kiss.

"Will you be ok daddy?" She asked looking worried. I smiled, for a 3 year old she was wise beyond her years.

"I will be fine pumpkin" I tell her giving her cheek another kiss. "Ahhh I see we had another candy cane" She smiled.

"Daddy did I tell you what Santa's is getting me for Christmas?" She tells me all excited.

"Um a baby doll with a stroller" I say and her eyes light up.

"I like that but no. I'm getting a mommy because I have been very good." She tells me and my heart breaks.

"Honey Santa does not bring mommy's just toys." I tell her getting worried.

She walks over to me as if she is going to tell me a secret no one can hear and whispers. "Santa's daughter told me that my wish will come true and she was going to help and get me a mommy. Daddy I want someone who can help make a pony tail. Cause you don't" I hug her to me and try to hold off on the tears.

Just then the door bell rings and her grandparents take her away leaving me feeling lost and alone. Just as I was about to let the self pity consume me my phone rings.

"Rader its Holly, they did it again and merry is freaking because she can't finish the bills." I smirk Merry is so anal about her books.

"I'll be there in half an hour or maybe give me an hour" I tell Holly.

I hang up and holy crap there I go getting all hard just thinking of that woman. Never in my 35 years has a woman caused this reaction in me. At first I thought she was just a dumb blond. I have known her for quite some time now. But not so much on a personal level as in this last month.

I had a crush on her. Hahaha, at my age saying a crush sounds funny. But she has a body to die for. But then she came out of her shell and started to show me how smart she is and she blew me away.

She even made me Emily's Halloween costume this year making her so happy. She was the best dressed snow white ever. She's never met her but I mentioned not finding something she liked at the store because she wanted something like the movie.