PROLOGUE

It was cold. I looked through the big glass window wearing a coat while sipping on my hot chocolate.
"Kaya pala...may snow lang pala."
Wait...snow? In the month of December? This is the first snow! I suddenly felt excited. I remembered how excited she was whenever there's a snow. How we would play around and throw snowballs at each other. How we would sit around the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. Then we would tell each other about our dreams. We used to joke around and always end up laughing at our own corny and silly jokes. I unconsciously smiled upon remembering our memories together. But then I felt a pang of sadness inside my heart. I don't know how to react anymore. I don't know what to feel. Should I be happy? Dahil sa wakas malaya na sya? Should I be sad? Dahil di ko sya napaglaban? Should I be angry? Dahil binitawan ko ang kamay niya sa sandaling iyon? A tear ran down my cheek. I slowly walked towards my bed and held out a picture... our picture when we were so young. So happy that we don't mind what's going on around us anymore. I placed the frame over my chest and hugged it like I never wanna let go of the girl I ever loved in my whole life...how I loved the way she laughs at me whenever I commit mistakes, the way she fussed over silly things and the way she cries over some sad silly late night show. Confusion ran all over me. What have I done? I don't know. But one thing's for sure. I looked at her photo once more and a tear escaped my eye that fell on her face caused it to sparkle. Then I uttered...

"God, I miss her."