Chapter 8

Chapter 8~ Silence
Rodney's parents on side.
Jamilla's POV

"Now I called this meeting cause I'm tired of seeing the name calling and disrespect in this house." My mom said towards me, my dad, Queen, Chanel and Aaron.

"Mom I'm gonna be very honest with you, but as much as you're gonna talk bout this, the people causing this won't end it." Aaron said .

"Well today it's definitely ending." She replied. "I just wanted this to be a great dinner but the slick comments couldn't stay out. Queen now, you're bout to 30 soon and the way you're acting is childish. "

"I'm just stating the facts. I mean look at Jamilla she ain't no size 6, she looks like she could be 2X. And I'm just the truth by how it is." Queen said.

I felt my eyes get watery.

"Queen stop it! I, not tryna disrespect you but she's family, and we don't do family like that. Just cause your appearance is different doesn't mean anything." Chanel said angrily.

"Chanel don't you dare raise your voice at your older sister." My dad said. Chanel rolled her eyes at his comment.

"Okay then since Chanel can't raise her voice at her. Then I can since I'm the oldest, I have the right to raise my voice DAD!"Aaron said raising his voice at my dad.

"Have you lost your mind? This is your daughter, you've been  treating her like shit since she was younger. Isn't she dark skin just like you? Isn't she respectful like she's always been before? Isn't she making you proud by what she's been accomplished? Just cause she doesn't look like Chanel and Queen doesn't not mean she deserve that type of treatment from you and your ignorant daughter. Y'all can continue to do that but I'm gonna treat her the way an older sibling should." Aaron said.

"What do you both have to say?" My mom asked.

Queen sat there in silence. "I certainly don't have anything to say but the fact that I find just disappointing that your younger sister can even get a man before you. Maybe lose some weight and you might get a man." My dad said.

"Reggie! Don't you dare ever talk to my daughter like that again." My mom said.

"No mom it's okay. I don't know why you can't accept me for who I am. It's a shame that 2 of siblings and the woman that carried me for 9 months can but you can't. I don't even care anymore cause the only you did in my life was give sperm in order to create me. I hope the Lord at you and forgives you one day" I said then getting my coat and putting it on.

My dad sat there and stared at me angrily. "Baby where are you going?" My mom said walking over to me.

"I'm sorry mom but I gotta go cake tasting with Dunnie and them." I said.

"Hopefully she doesn't eat all the cakes at the shop." My dad said under his breath. My eyes began to water even more at his comment.

"Don't listen to him honey, have fun." My mom said kissing my cheek.

Just as I was about to walk out the front door, the comment of him saying I didn't have a man hit me. I walked over to the table where my brother, sisters and dad were sitting at while my mom remained standing next to me.