Scene 4

SCENE 4

All these little clips played in my head when I heard his voice after a VERY long time. I turned to my right to see the man I've been forcing myself to hate, just inches away from my face. I was overwhelmed at first and then icy fury hit me.

How dare he have the nerve to even talk to me, let alone sit in the seat right beside me. Those two guys who walked in turned out to be none other than Conner and his li'l brother Carter.

Even through my anger, I couldn't resist flashing a smile when Carter winked at me. Overly-flirtatious and testosterone charged. That's one way of describing that guy.

Moving back to Conner, out of all the million words that I could've used at that moment, all I could mouth was, "What?"

"Did you miss me babe?"

Babe?!? Babe?!? Ohh the nerve!

I decided to walk away from the situation and forget all about it. But a part of me, just wanted to know if he was doing ok. I pushed that better part away and got up from my seat. Hadn't Carter stopped me, I could've gotten away.

"Hey, wait, don't leave!" he said.

*ugh* his annoying voice.

"You’re asking me not to leave? That's it Conner, you've pulled the last straw! Carter get out of the way or I'm calling security!" I yelled.

"Relax sis! We don't want trouble!" 

Sis?! When did that happen?!

The better part of me decided to sit down and just ignore the two of them, which was probably the hardest thing that I could've ever done.

"What do you want Conner? None of your stuff are at my place. And if you were back for the coat, I'm sorry but I sold it to the charity store." I finally said.

"What? My jacket?" he started moving his hands funny.

He started stammering and I was unable to completely comprehend his statements. For the first time since I'd known him, Conner was nervous.

"You don't know how much I've missed you! And now you're right here in front of me, so close that I could just kiss you." he finally said.

I couldn't help but notice that he was tense, nervous and very different from the guy I met 3 years ago.

He looked pale, his brown hair had grown a li'l longer, and he didn't look as fit as he was the last time I'd seen him. It took me a minute to register the last half of his sentence.

"Conner, things have changed!" I said in utter rage.

"Are you seeing someone?"

"No." My response was blunt.

"Do you love someone else?!"

"No."

"Have you slept with any other man in the last year?"

"That's none of your business!"

"I assume that's a no!"

I said nothing and looked away.

"Now tell me, how could things have changed?!"

"HOW?! How?! What do you mean how?" I was so angry, that I was about to punch him in the face.

"How could things have NOT changed? You walked out on us!"

"I never walked out on us."