1| the ride up

So as I was scurrying around at the last second to make sure I didn't forget anything..to only then find out my aunt and uncle would arrive any second!
Getting into the car I am ready to roll! Nick and I are conversing with our aunt and uncle about a lot of things. Sports, sport teams, music, and kiss with their surprise performance in Cadillac! Many laughs were shared between the four of us!
Of course going down I-75 even one orange barrel will stop you for as five minutes up to an hour. So as we are nearing West Branch we decided to stop for some dinner around 6:45/7:00. Of course the only thing Nick and I could decided on was Wendy's, so that was what we ate.
Going through all of the curvy windy roads the time tended to fly by. About an hour later we are driving through Elk Rapids! Nick and I are so excited but not for the unpacking part! Pulling into the fifteen minute parking spots we rush everything to the boat.
It took us about thirty minutes to unpack and unwind. Then we decided to go for a walk along the city shops and along the beach. We scouted out all the places we'd want to visit throughout the weekend..my favorite obviously the beach!
As we headed back to the boat, my aunt and I headed to the showers at 11:30! The good thing about that was we could pick whatever shower we want. After out ten to fifteen minutes in the showers and bathroom we headed back down the docks. It was calm and quiet with a slight breeze. Climbing into the boat we head downstairs to the living area. I climb into my bed and plug my phone in. I was asleep within five minutes!
I wake up to the smell of a hot fresh pot of coffee! It was about 6:30am. My uncle and I are the only ones up so we decided to go for a walk around town and through the beach. Our walk lasted about and hour. We came back with some pastries. We arrive to only my aunt up stretching and rolling on her cylinder to stretch out her back. Nick of course still asleep until 8:30ish.