Chapter 6

"And that is what we know," said Deidrick, as he finished telling Etrianallas what Alicia had told him.
The fae king looked at them and nodded. "Makes sense to me."
He looked at the page with the language that only he could read, and explained to them, "The reason I am the only one among my people to understand this is because, as king, and being the kind of fae I am, I have had to live longer than anyone in my realm. 
I was taught this language by my father, the king before me, and he was taught by his father before him. It is only passed down from king to prince."
"Can you please please help our son?" pleaded Deidrick,
"We don't know how much longer he can last."
The little boy's skin was almost a shade of green now, no longer just a tint mixed with red.
The King Etrianallas looked at the shivering child and said, "By the number of days he has been sick, today will probably be his last. He most likely will wither away by midnight"
"WHAT???" shrieked the royal family.
"It's 11:30 right now," said the fae, "You don't have much time left."
Lila walked up to the king and begged, "Oh please your majesty! Please work your magic and help him! If there is anything I can do, I will do it."
The flowers and grass around her started to wither.
Etrianallas looked down at her and answered, "Little princess, that is why I asked your parents to bring you with them on their journey."
"What do you mean?"
That's when the fae gave a slow smirk.
"It is a custom among my kind, that in order to get something, the mortals must give something in return. Your daughter's marriage to my son shall do."
That is when the royal family saw the trap that was set out for them. That is the reason they had to leave their guards at the border. That is why he asked the whole royal family to come.
The only sounds in the throne room were silence, and the chirping of crickets.
"You... Want our daughter... To marry one of your kind?" asked Deidrick slowly.
Etrianallas gave a cruel smile.
"Yes," he explained, "Our people have been separated long enough. It is time for us to join together. Besides, she doesn't have to marry him right now. She can wait until she is of age. Hmm... How does 20 sound? Think of it as an honor that I allow her to wait, and that I let your daughter be the one to marry my son."
All of a sudden Alex spasmed.
The royal family gasped as his body slowly morphed.
His hair was slowly becoming leaves.
His fingers were slowly becoming little stems.
He was turning into a plant of his own.
The fae said, "You have twenty-five minutes until midnight, and fifteen to make your decision. Betrothal to my son, or the loss of yours."
And with that, he disappeared, and the royal family was left alone in the throne room.

Hey guys
Comment, vote, whatever.
Sorry this chapter is so short. It is 11:19 pm and I'm gonna try to actually get some sleep for once.
Thanx for over 60 reads!! I really appreciate it!!!