Chapter One

"This is so fun! It's like we're criminals on the run!"

"Crista, please shut the hell up, I just so happen to be a criminal on the run and I would freaking love not to be caught."

"Calm down I'm just joking. Gosh." I glare at her with my one not swollen eye. She really is the dumbest girl in the pack. I look around noticing all the warning and no entry signs littering the barbed wire fence surrounding the power plant.

"Okay so the plan is, we cut, burn, and basically destroy every damn thing that looks important."

"Why do we have to do this again? I'd rather be masking out with that hot Ryan guy that's friends with the Kings-" I cut her off.

"First of all, we need to shut off the pack power so they can't use anything to find me, second, you're a slut, third, don't you dare mention the damned King ever again."
She groans.

"Well, why the hell do I have to help? Aren't you the criminal?" She scowls, as she sees the smirk on my face.

"Your guilty by association, bitch."

"Well I think that's stupid because you're the one who slapped him and called him a bast-" before she can finish my fist is connected to her face.

"Don't say another word about the damned King!" After my little scene with Christa, I hope over the fence and start destroying. As soon as I light the first match fear builds up inside me. What if they find me? Will they kill me? I mean, I'm the Kings mate for crying out loud!

They wouldn't kill me. Would they?

All these thoughts circulate my brain when a familiar and comforting scent makes it way towards me.

Alexandra.

"Maria, Anna, Smith. What the hell do you think you're doing?" Oh no.

"I can explain."

At the moment, I am sitting in a slick, black, moving, car on my way to East Central. My cousins pack.

You may be wondering. Why the hell am I going to my cousins?

Well, I don't know, but I do know, that if I'm not careful, The King will find me.

And nobody wants that, right?

The car comes to an abrupt stop and I'm thrown into the back of the passenger seat.

"Really Alex? Do you have to drive like a maniac?" She just grunts.

"We're here, bitch." I sigh. This woman hates my guts.