Part five

Okay now it's time to get writing!!!

Yay!

Okay the first chapter needs to explain the main character, what they are like, the setting, if they are supernatural (or you could save that until later in the story).

A bit of advice. The first sentence I would recommend NOT saying...

'I am Olivia Holt. I have black hair. I have green eyes. I am a werewolf. I live in New York in an apartment with my mum. I am 16. I am in the moon pack. I love horses and I hunt vampires'.

It explains everything quickly so you can get on with the story but it is so boring and give the empress job the story will be boring. And of course it won't be.

His would be a better starting paragraph...

"Olivia Jasmine Holt get in here"!!!!

Okay whoa did I do this time? Seriously I think my mum just blames me for everything. The whole apartment building would have head that. I practise my puppy dog eyes in the mirror. I have the cutest puppy dog eyes. It just works perfectly with my green eyes. I run a finger through my silky black hair and sigh dramatically. I race down the stairs at an abnormal speed for a human. That's because I'm not. Human I mean. I'm a werewolf and a top vampire hunter. I know what your thinking. A werewolf living in New York. Well what can I say? The moon pack lives here and I have to live with them. If you ask me it's crazy. I mean you can't have horses in New York either. That part totally sucks. I walk into the kitchen to face my mum. And by the looks of her face I did something REAL bad...

That was longer but far more interesting. I hope! Doing this lets he reader read between the lines. I didn't specifically say some things but with he language I used the reader can tell what I mean without me having to say it.

I would recommend something like that. Anyone who wants to use that character feel free. It was the first thing that popped into my head by I'm fine with you using Olivia Holt in your story.

In the rest of the first paragraph it's a good idea to just explain the characters history, their friends, school, family and general life so they can get the feeling of the character.

And that's your first chapter done!!!