Part 2

"So Shiki ... you‟re saying that ... you‟re a Grim Reaper?? And you came from the Underworld??"

She was standing in front me while crossing both her arms. She has her brows lifted and tapping her right foot.

[Is that how humans talk with each other these days? Hmmm, I wonder?]

"That‟s right!!"

I answered her confidently without taking a break from my meal.

"Oh really ..."

I heard her say only that and then without a warning, I felt a sting on my head. I didn‟t notice how she hit me with a paper paddle. What a reflex!

"Like hell I would believe you!" she screams while pointing a finger at my face.

"A-Aw ..."

She didn‟t believe a thing I said. I touched my head where she hit me and then she resumed talking which made me listen to her.

"You‟re just messing around so you could skip classes! I‟ll report you to the principal. Follow me this instance! I can‟t believe there are still students like you!"

She started walking to the door. That was when I intercepted her.

"You‟re just going to waste your time.", I yawned as I said it.

"Why?" she asked.

I stood up and tapped the dirt in my clothes.

"... very well ... I‟ll show you so that ---"

Before I could say additional words, she disrupted me with a question.

"In the classroom?"

Wha! Her eyes immediately sparkled and flashed like that of a puppy. I didn‟t expect what the woman just asked me. I couldn‟t answer her but her expressions suddenly become cheerful.

"YAAAY! So you‟ve finally decided not to skip class huh?"

Like a kid, she became so happy that she convinces only herself for that false statement. How fast could she change her mood? She was just still angry earlier and now, she was smiling so brightly.

"U-Uhm??"

I do not know how to respond to that. All I could see was her, shining from excitement.

"Hmmm... well, there‟s still time ..."

She said it with a smile. She was so swayed that I didn‟t realized she came near me.

"Come." she said as she dragged me along.

From the rooftop, the two of us went down to the third level of the building using the stairs. There were many rooms we passed and by the time I noticed, we were already standing in front of another door. She entered the classroom and so I followed behind her.

Putting stress in every word, she tried to introduce me to the young ones around.

"Okay class! I have someone I want you to meet! He says he‟s a Grim Reaper that collects human soul who came from the Underworld! Be scared „cause he‟s right beside me!"

She pointed at my direction but the class began to whisper to each other. One of them raised her hand and asked the woman beside me.

"S-Sensei?? What are you talking about? Are you feeling well??"

[That's right. You should realize it by now. They cannot see me. No normal human can see me.]

"Eh?? Y-you can‟t see him? B-But he‟s just -----"

She was starting to get confused so I interrupted what she was about to say.

"Like I told you, I‟m real. The reason why you can see me is perhaps because ... you‟re a Seer."

"A S-Seer? What is that?" she asked.

I continue my explanation as if the time stopped around us.

"From what I‟ve heard, Seers are those who have the ability to interact with the supernatural."

She was having a hard time believing in what I told her. I could see it in her reactions.

"Y-You mean Third Eye?? ... or Sixth Sense??" she asked again.

"Probably ... if you humans call it like that ..."

With that, I stopped my vindication. It‟s about time to go. I smiled slightly when I saw her puzzled expression and walked towards the window.

"I think you‟re lucky though ... but be careful." is what I said.

"W-Wait ... w-what? Where are you going?"

Yawning, I answered her in a sarcastic tone. And also, there is already nothing to do here.

[Sorry miss, but you need not be bothered.]

"Going for a walk ... I guess??"

Just like that, I turned my back and jumped through the window.

"W-wait! Please wait!" she shouted.

I already knew that she wants more details for what she discovered just now. It‟s better if she won‟t be involved any longer. As she stood near the window, I was only going farther and farther. It‟s for your own good miss.

"Sensei? Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah ... I think."