An Unexpected Arrival

Ding Dong. The door bell rings at the McCarters family house. David, the son of a biologist, Mr Joseph McCarter, yells out to his father,

"Dad I'll get it!"

He opens the door seeing one of his relatives that he hasn't seen in ages. 

"Good morning David, oh I have missed you so much darling!" cried the poor lady.

"Grandmother, what an unexpected arrival! What brings you here, not that I didn't miss you. I mean I haven't stopped thinking about you for like forever," David says sarcastically. Grandma Ellona says to her grandson,

"Oh look at you, you have finally grown into a true man like your father! Oh my dear grandson. The last time I came here to visit you and your parents, you were such an adorable chubby wubby! Now look at you! All grown up, just about to move out of your house, getting girlfriends, going out."

"Oh grandma, no no no no no, I'm only 17, I can't possibly have a girlfriend at this age, I'm still in high school grannie. And I don't go out. A piece of mind for your grandma, dad gets stricter by each day that comes. He'll be devastating at your age, trust me grannie!" exclaims David to his grandmother.

"Son, son, who is at the....MOTHER?! WHAT ON EARTH BRINGS YOU HERE...?! Not that I am excited to see you again mother..uh.. David, why don't you let your grandmother go in and have a seat and we will have a little chat in your bedroom, ok?" Mr McCarter quickly says to his son.

"Yes dad." David exclaims in grief to his father. David is a 17 year old boy who goes to Beverly Hills High School. David is an only child who lives with his parents on 14 Barona Street, Beverly Hills in California. Born into a very smart family, David excells in school but does lack in Social Life just becuase of his strict parents not letting him use Facebook to be able to communicate with his friends. He just relys on his school friends as his Social Life. Davids two close school friends are Aaron and Rachael. Aaron is a type of guy that lacks at school but is a comedian that is always there for David. Rachael is a flirty type of girl who excells at school especially in History/Geography who is also always there for David. When David, Aaron and Rachael all just became friends, they had made a vow to always be out there for each other even if it means death.

As David was walking up the stairs into his room, he heard his father quickly making tea for his grandmother. Straight after, he ran up the stairs into Davids room screaming,

"WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?! I told her that we would not meet again until Christmas! And it's not even Lent yet."

Grandma Ellona was quietly walking up the stairs as she heard her own son raging to her grandson about her. 

"What on earth is going on up here?! Son why are you screaming about not seeing me until Christmas?! I only came because there is a crisis that needs to be dealt with in a months time or else, none of us are going to even be here for Chritsmas!"

"What are you talking about mother?" asked Mr McCarter. Ellona replies,

"The Earth as we know it, will blow up in a months time according to the Book of Destiny." 

"What's the Book of Destiny?" asks David in a calmly manner. Ellona replies,

"The Book of Destiny is an ancient book dated way back to Greek Mythology times. The book was created to tell us what was going to happen to Earth in the future. After the creator had died, the book was stored in a locket which had its key buried beneath the Temple of Arakna. The key was just recently found and also the Book of Destiny. They read the book, it said the Earth had 1 more month before it blows up with everyone on it. But while they were reporting it, they had vanished into thin air. The book had been known to leave a curse behind, the victims are the ones who find it."

"WHAT?! So grandma your saying.. we only HAVE ONE MONTH TO LIVE?! We have to do something about this, or we are all doomed," David says with extreme fear.

David was extremely scared. Unlike his parents and his grandmother, he has only been on Earth for 17 years. He will be turning 18 in 2 months. But he cannot become a fully grown adult unless he starts by turning 18. David and his family had feared the worst. 

Ellona had stayed back that day and stayed in the house for the rest of the month. David that night went to sleep. He was lying down in his bed thinking about many things. He did not want his life ending in a months time. He decided the next day he would go to school and tell his friends what was going to happen. Maybe even tell the entire school. He is terrified.