Prologue

We watched as our home burned down. Along with our parents and memories. The 5 year old next to me was begging me to let go of him so he could save them. But I knew that we couldn't. For they were already dead. It started to pour. It was almost seemed like they sky was crying and feeling pity for us. After a while, the crying child next to me had stopped crying. I looked to my little brother in surprise. 'He stopped crying?! Normally it would take at least an hour to make him stop. Huh...'

"Zerefu-nii, where are we going?" Said Natsu as he wiped away his tears.

I gave him a sad smile. "Somewhere safe..."
I stopped in my tracks and hugged my little pink haired brother. Then, at last, I finally broke down. I fell to the ground and cried my heart out.

"Zerefu-nii! Are you ok?" Asked Natsu.

I was too busy crying to answer back to my little brother. But he finally shut me up when he pulled me in for a tight, but warm hug.

Confused, I looked at him "What are you doing Natsu?"

He gave me his heart-aching smile and said these exact words. "Because Zerefu-nii, You were sad, and you cheered me up when I was, so I decided to return the favor. I can't let Zerefu-nii be sad.. So Smile!"

I looked at him with a big smile on my face.
"Natsu, You always know how to make me feel better..." I got up and took a hold of his hand. As we walked, the rain had stopped pouring all of it's 'tears' on us. I guess the sky had been moved by what Natsu said to me too.. A few hours later, we were walking calmly and peacefully. Until a giant shadow covered us in darkness. Both of us looked up to see a dragon. A dragon red in color and had a yellow underbody. Wait- I know this dragon...

"IGNEEL! LOOK DOWN!" I shouted.

The King of the Fire Dragons looked down at us, angered, but the expression completely vanished when he saw my face. He flew down and landed on the ground. Natsu hid behind me afraid of what Igneel would do to him.

"Zeref, What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at home?" Igneel boomed down at me.

"Our house was burnt down and my little brother and I have no where to go.. Would you help us Igneel?" I asked politely.

Igneel looked shocked at first but then accepted it.

"Hop on." He said bluntly.

We did as he said and got on his back.

"Hold on Tight, because this is going to be a bumpy ride."

And Indeed it was. My name is Zeref Dragneel. And I am a First Generation Ice Dragon Slayer. And me and my brother, are on for the ride, of our lives.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Hope you liked the prologue of Brightness. I have really big plans for this book and I really want to form this book into your likings. So, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will update this book whenever I can! (Which is soon.. I hope.) Have a great rest of the day!
- EmpressMeowMeow 🐱👋