chapter 16

"What did Jackson want?" Tash asked again.

"Pack business." Case said, but he refused to make eye contact with her.

"Liar." she retorted, her eyes shooting sparks.

"He is to old for you!" Case blurted out, angry.

"He is not. But I know better than to think that I will ever get through that thick skull of yours." Tasha said, storming out of the room.

"That was low." Jem told Case.

"Stay out of it, Jem."

"No."

The stupid werewolf was not going to boss her around, she thought irritably.

"No?" He whispered dangerously.

"You heard me. You do not have the right to tell me what to do. And you do not have the right to tell two people that they can't be together."

His hands came out and gripped her shoulders. "That's where you are wrong, princess. I do have the right. I''m alpha."

"That doesnt give you the right to behave like a pompous jackass and disregard other peoples feelings!" She exploded. "For all you know Jackson and your sister are soul mates, and you are standing in the way of it. I know my father isn't alive, but how would you feel if he forbade me from seeing you?"

Case frowned. "That is different."

"How, Case? How is it different?"

He didn't have an answer, and she knew it.

In true Case fashion, he reverted back to arrogance.

"It doesn't matter, Jem."

She threw up her hands, frustrated.

"You may hope that this issue will go away, Case, but I promise you, it will not."

That was what he was afraid of.

But the thought of his best friend hurting his little sister, even by mistake, was something he could not even consider.

"Shut up." He growled.

He loved the sparks of blue fire that her soulful eyes became when he really ticked her off. Making her mad should not be something he enjoyed, he knew.

Before she could scream at him he pulled her against him and put his mouth over hers.

And jerked back in shock when the taste of blood exploded in his mouth.

She had bit him, he realized.

He glowered at her. "You really shouldn't have done that, princess."