Purple Eyes

I had all my classes with Scott except for 7th period. I was dreading the moment where I would be completely alone and helpless.

I was walking to 7th period which was Math with Mrs. Rockwell.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I hadn't seen the foot that was placed in front of me.

I tripped and fell on my face.

Yeah, what a great start to a normal life.

I dropped everything. My books and papers scattered all over the hall. People were stepping on them and accidentally kicking them across the hall.

I scurried to get up only to be pushed down again. Only this time, I caught myself.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to dig a hole in the ground and die. There was no way I was going to cry on my first day of school though.

Don't cry. It's okay. You're fine. Just get up and don't make eye contact with them.

I slowly stood up keeping my head down and went to gather my stuff.

"Aw, is da wittle baby scared to wook us in the eyes?" Someone baby talked me.

I ignored their comment and kept picking up my stuff. As soon as I stood with all my things, someone knocked all of it right out of my hands.

I just looked at my stuff that was scattered all over the floor again and sighed.

Suddenly I felt angry. I felt angrier than angry. I wanted to kill someone I was so angry. I wanted to kill the person that tripped me. I wanted to kill all of their friends. I wanted to rip their throat out.

I turned to look at the person who tripped me and they started to back away, with a....scared look on their face?

Why are they suddenly scared?

Suddenly something stabbed my hand. I looked down to see something I was not expecting.

My fingernails had morphed into claws! I could feel my eyes tingle and quickly went to the bathroom to see what was going on.

I looked in the mirror and the thing I saw staring back at me looked like a monster.

I suddenly had fangs and claws and to top it off, my eyes were glowing purple!

I almost screamed but quickly covered my mouth to prevent that. I slowly backed away from the mirror.

What's wrong with me?! What am I? Why do I look like a monster?!

Questions swarmed around my head and I started to feel dizzy.

I backed into the corner of the bathroom and slid down the wall. I could feel my breathing pick up. I could feel my pulse getting quicker. I felt a thin layer of sweat on my forehead and on the back of my neck.

My breaths came out in short gasps as I tried to breathe deeply. But as I thought about how deep breathing wasn't helping, I got more nervous and anxious.

I'm having a panic attack!

Now that I was thinking about how I was having a panic attack, I lost all control. I started to feel numb.

But there was one thought that kept floating around my brain.

TELL SCOTT!

I took the phone that was in my back pocket, which I had received from Melissa, and clicked on Scott's name.

I missed the first time because my hands were shaking so badly.

I quickly typed, "Help! I'm in the bathroom by the front doors of the school. I'm having a panic attack."