Chapter 1

Hello! Welcome to my new story, A sudden turn of fate. It's a new kind of story I'm writing, so hoping this'll turn out okay. Thanks for reading! So kick back, relax, and hope you enjoy the story.

Alicia

((Alicia, aka Camilla Luddington)

Walking out of the cafe that I worked at with my purse in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, I let my mind wander off for a bit. I've been asking myself the same question the past few days now, should I use the short cut this time?

I know this city is big and dangerous, but it's only one alley. People have warned me to be careful before I moved here, but I needed to start fresh and get away from everything. I know to stay away from trouble and to be aware of my surroundings, yada yada yada.

It's only one alley way, Alicia. You've been here for three weeks and nothing has happened, so why would anything happen now? I asked myself. All I had to do was walk through the alley, which I saw a dead rat in it a few yards away, make a right I'm pretty sure, and poof I just saved myself from a lot more walking.

But, it is a little dark, and I'm starting to feel a not too comforting vibe. I stood there, looking down the alley, wondering. It's just one alley, but I felt there's more to it.

Screw it, the more walking the more calories I burn.

Me, being the coward I am, walked around once again, promising myself that I will walk down it, but for now I'll let my thoughts wander off.

The alley was between two big buildings, pretty much abandoned. It was pretty dirty, and I'd see little critters walking in it every once in awhile. Checking the time on my phone, which was 8:30 (boss called for a meeting with me last minute, telling me I have the later shift, which is why I was let out late) I decided to call for Chinese take out before they closed.

~

((Alicia's apartment))

After I got to my little apartment on the third floor of the apartment building, I put out the rice and dumplings and put on the TV. It's fairly quiet on this floor, but downstairs it can get pretty wild. According to the neighbors, two months back gunshots were heard throughout the building. Snapping back to reality, I was about to take a bite out of a dumpling when I heard a knock at the door.