Sasuke: A Way Back Home

Prologue: The War is Won

"Well Sasuke what do we do now?" Jugo asked with a little apprehension in his voice. Sasuke totally ignored this comment and continued to focus on the scene around him. Everyone was together, consoling one another. Some were crying, some had totally dozed off, others attempted to hide a smile out of respect for others, because even with the grief of war it felt satisfactory to know that it was over and we had won. We. It's a little strange to lump myself with all them considering all I have done these past few years, trying to run away from that relationship of "we", but after having been through a lot in this war I finally see how maybe it's time to stop running, and maybe start walking hesitantly closer. Though at this point I am sure I have missed my chance. Even though I worked my ass off trying to help win this war I doubt they will ever stop staring at me like that. That cold look of fear. Maybe it's been always written for me to be alone. Then again I do have Jugo who swore on his life to always protect me,as if I need protecting though. "Sasuke? Sasuke!" Jugo shouts and I finally meet his gaze. "Maybe it's time for me to stop planning what I am going to do next and just follow wherever the wind takes me." Jugo stared at me in confusion, but I didn't let it bother me. He wouldn't understand, no one would ever understand. I looked one more time at same Konoha's #1 knucklehead ninja and wondered how all this time I had sought all means possible to become stronger, yet here he was, the savor of this world, with only sheer willpower and the bond of friendship keeping him together. I would be lying if I said I didn't envy him.

Chapter 1: 5 Years Later

"Aw man does the paperwork ever end!" Naruto wined while scattering dozens of papers in the air.

"What did you expect, that becoming Hokage means naps all day?" Shikamaru replied.

"You're right I just wish granny Tsunade would have a least finished up most of her work before having me be the one to inherit the role."

Shikamaru let out a slight chuckle "You really think she would do that?" Nauto slammed his head aganist the desk and started to murmur to himself. Shikamaru rolled his eyes and directed his attention towards me.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Sasuke."

At this Narutos head swung off the desk and shouted "Sasuke, where?!?". It's been five years but it still seems Naruto is the same idiot from the academy. Naruto squinted his eyes at me and then a smile appeared on his face followed by a laugh.

"Sasuke there you are haha I don't think I will ever get used to that mask on you."

"Or maybe you will never sercome your lack of brains." Shikamaru smirked.

"Come on Shikamaru, give me a break." Naruto whined once more. I removed my mask and asked why I had been summoned.

"Yes so, we have a new mission for you and another teammate, you will be-" Shikamaru was interrupted by a loud earthshaking roar. "NARUTO!" Everyone's face froze as Ino smashed down the door and started stomping inside. "Ino hey there..." naruto chattered nervously. Shikamaru sighed and whispered something to himself.

"Hey there, HEY THERE!?! THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY?!?"

"Oh...I...ah...I missed you." Naruto tried. Ino crossed her arms and stomped her foot.

"You're leaving for a whole week and you didn't even have the audacity to tell me!?!" Ino and Naruto started to argue with one another and just the way they both were being so melodramatic made there argument seem almost comical. Ino and Naruto have been going out for almost 4 years. Somehow the two of them recoiled at the grief of war and Ino losing her father, and soon began to find out all sorts of things they never knew about each other that brought them closer.