Chapter 7

Haibisukasu no Tochi (Issue 4)

I’d a very lonely childhood because I don’t have friends. The girl I met earlier, was named Su-yin. She was a painter who coloured my adulthood, perhaps a thief too, who stole my heart.  

I was confused. I was petrified. I was too fragile to accept that I’ll lose this girl. The fact was I’d already lost her.

After the failed confession, every evening I’ll rush to the swimming pool and swim non-stop for 10 laps, break for 10 minutes and continued for another 10 laps. I purposely did this so that my body got exhausted and my mind will have to surrender for a good night sleep.

I knew that this therapy wouldn’t work well. The only way was to leave this pathetic place. So that I don’t have to endure the painful memories whenever I pass by the places we used to hang out.

The only way to escape was to find a new place for a new kick-off. They said that travelling will leave us speechless and become a good story teller. Ironically, I’m now a love story teller and I hope she could read whatever I wrote.

When my wife Kim confessed her feeling on me. I didn’t decline. Because, I knew the agony of rejection without a trial. I appreciated her sincerity and tried to shower her my love.

If I were given a chance, I’d like to know what wrong I’d done that Su-yin rejected my love. For which, I’d been very truthful and already revealed my heart and everything I’d for her.

No matter what people think or say about us, I don’t care. Because her imprint was great enough for me to embrace every moment and growing old with vitality.

The only remnant for me to regret, perhaps was …