Chapter One

Katrina's Pov

"Mom, I'm not going to marry him, I don't even know him."
"Katrina, I know you don't want to do this, but it's going to happen no matter what."
"So, what your saying is that you support this stupid arrange marriage thing?"
"Sweetie, I don't support any of this, but there's nothing I can do about it."
"Ugh, why cant I find someone myself? I don't see anything wrong with that, Plus I'm seventeen ain't I alittle bit young for marriage at the moment?"
"Honey, don't be silly I got married to your father when I was fifthteen." "And you went along with this?!?!"
"I had to or I was risking my life and my family if I didn't do it and I suggest you do the same."
"Ugh, whatever."
I stormed to my room and threw myself on my bed. What am I going to do about this. I don't even know the boy, he's not even good looking either, Plus he's an jerk. I don't want to spend the rest of my life him. There's got to be something I can do.... I can runaway, change my identity, everything so no one will recognize me.
I started to put my plan into action. I packed everything I thought I would need. Once it was night outside and not many people in the town. I climbed out my window and closed it softly without making an sound. I covered myself with an cloth, so no one would see me and run and tell my parents that I'm escaping this awful country with their sick laws.
Once I was out of the town I soon found an ship that was getting ready to take off. I ran up to the man before he got on the ship.
"Excuse me sir, where is this ship sailing off to?"
The man looked at me for an moment. The only thing that was running through my mind was he recognized me, he's going to return me back to my parents.
Thankfully it was dark so he couldn't see my face well.
"This ship is heading to some place in America."
America, i thought to myself that seems far away from here.
"Is there an chance I could ride on the ship until we land in America?"
"Well unless you want to be riding with an whole bunch of animals abroad."
"I dont mind, really."
"Okay then, hop on."
Once we took off I felt so relief I was getting away from this terriable place once and for all.