The House Next Door

"Hehehehehehehehehehe" mysterious chuckles came from next door.

"Creepy." Vanessa shivered, she was frightened of the house next door. She was scared of it ever since 1st Grade when she realised it was haunted after her aunty went to give the owners of the house some cookies and milk when they first moved in, she went in and never came out, that day screams of horror and chainsaws were heard. It brought horror and frightened the whole of Vanessa's family. Vanessa never told her friends because she thought they weren't gonna believe her, so she's the only one frightened of the house next door.

"Don't be scared Vanessa it's just a movie the owners are watching, most likely to be about clowns, but you don't need to worry about that because we're not going to watch a movie this year!" Charlotte said bravely,

"Few..." Vanessa said happily.

"WE'RE GOING TRICK OR TREATING, and we're doing it in every house in 3 neighbourhoods, This one and the next 2 over towards the danger ranger park." Charlotte Screamed then slowly calmed down excitedly.

The day before Halloween came and the 5 friends Vanessa, Charlotte, Jessica, Lily and Holly decided to walk Vanessa's dog Charlie up and down the street which meant going past the house next door. 'vvvrrrooooooommm' they all heard the sound of the chainsaw,

"It...it's just a movie, it's just a movie." now Jessica was scared but didn't want to show it.

"Yeah guys Jessica's right," Charlotte stood up,

"I am?" Jessica was confused, she didn't even believe herself,

"Yeah, of course, we all heard that and it's just a movie the owners of the house are..." now before Charlotte could finish her sentence.

"Serial killers, murders they're murders!" Vanessa couldn't keep it to herself any longer she had to tell them or they'll all end up dead.

"No Vanessa, I was going to say the owners of the house are watching a movie, what do you mean they murders?" now Charlotte had questions. Vanessa took a deep breathe.

"They killed my aunty in 1st grade when she went to welcome them into the neighbourhood all we heard from our house we screams of horror and the sound of a chainsaw, and when we looked inside we saw a chainsaw on the floor with blood and my aunts wedding ring attached to her hand still, just her hand."

"Wow, that's such a myth, your just trying to scare us, now we are definitely going to that house FIRST!" Charlotte was so excited to go, that she even wants to go inside the house.

"No girls, Vanessa is right." a mysterious, scared voice came suddenly towards them. It was Vanessa's mum Stacey. They all loved and believed every word she said. Vanessa was always jealous about that.

"What do you mean she's right, Stacey?" They all said together besides Vanessa.

"I mean, the owners of that house or even that house killed my sister. The owners could've been killed but we don't know that so that means NO going to that house tomorrow, is that clear!" now Stacey was furious.

"Yep, but what if we go with someone older like you maybe so you can teach whoever killed your sister a lesson?" Charlotte wouldn't give up on the opportunity to see inside the house it was her dream to.

"Umm maybe girls but I don't really want to be involved in this horror." Stacey sounded more scared then ever.

"Ok." all the girls said together.